News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
manshmedia

Where to apply for RTI to get ATM footage from PNB BANK

Question

manshmedia

Recently i was robbed of 50000 rs as my debit card was stolen/lost. It didnt occur to me and someone took 50,000 rs from different atms in course of 3 days.

It was my hard earned money and i have done everything to get the information, the police has filed a a ddr/fir, but PNB bank branch says they dont know how to obtain footage from other banks atm.

SO i want to file a right of information , that whose responsibility it is to provide me evidence about the stolen money. And what is procedure of filing RTI . it there a central rti office in every district , or is there facility with local government officials like ssp office or dc office. THanks in advance

8 answers to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Member

Please note that there is no 'RTI Office'. Every public authority ( government office) appoints its own officer/s as 'Public Information Officer 'to receive and process requests under RTI Act.

U can file RTI application with PIO of BANK for information. Please refer: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/1200-acpio-cpio-banks.html

RTI application as per: RTI Rules, Fees for Centre and Useful Info about CIC - RTI Guide

Do include these lines in your RTI application:

If you do not directly deal with this application or a part thereof, kindly forward it to the right PIO under the provisions of right to information Act with intimation to me.

If footage has been submitted to Police dept for investigation, u can file RTI with PIO of Police dept for information. RTI application as per rules applicable. Please refer: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/fundamental-facts-about-rti-2/which-rules-to-follow-67/ These rules are available here:RTI Guide

if complaint was filed with both (Police & bank) and they have not taken any action yet u can file RTI application with both as per rules applicable. Please refer this blog by JPS Sir : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html for suggested format

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About Right To Information" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

manshmedia

Thanks ambrish in case i am not satisfied with the information or id i recieve no information from banks pio then what options i have

rajub
Thanks ambrish in case i am not satisfied with the information or id i recieve no information from banks pio then what options i have

Please file the RTI application first without bothering about not getting/getting incorrect, unsatisfactory information.

That can be taken care of later on. You will definitely get the correct advice and guidance through this forum members regarding specific points that may arise after you receive the PIO's reply.

ambrish.p

RTI procedure is :Time limits specified in the RTI Act - RTI Guide

1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO

2. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),

First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)

3. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the CIC/SIC (time period is 90 days)

regards

manshmedia
Please file the RTI application first without bothering about not getting/getting incorrect, unsatisfactory information.

That can be taken care of later on. You will definitely get the correct advice and guidance through this forum members regarding specific points that may arise after you receive the PIO's reply.

ok thanks will keep posted on my status of the RTI.By the way best forum on rti and your personal quest to help people know there rights is very appericiated

smbhappy

There's a Banking Ombudsman. You may file a complaint with him. He take up the cause of the Bank's Customers with the bank. His decision is binding on the bank and Bank cannot go for an appeal against the decision of the Banking Ombudsman. However, if the Customer is not satisfied he can challenge the decision of the Ombudsman.

RTI is another solution. File different RTI Applications with the Police and Bank asking for information about the misuse of the card, time, place and the footage etc.

You can also move to the consumers court.

You can file a complaint with the Court for the directions to Police to inquire into the matter expediciously.

manshmedia

thanks bro, i can finally say India is changing, the police of course is like always " han bhai, kaya ho gaya, kisko report likhani hai, woh sahib udhar hein unse baat karo," and the bank manager was even worse, he said we cannot give to you, it s police to whom we will give footage, the police was still generous then the bank manager they wrote on it please give them help and footage needed, the bank manager went two steps ahead of saying , what it means, to whom it is reffered to go and wite here to pnb sector 33 , chandigarh then we accept. Duh! , i dont know who started rti but now i know india is changing for good.

smbhappy

Once you get a response from the PIO, you feel on top of the Cliff. Tht's the power of the RTI - Power to the people to Govern through RTI.