News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
sidmis

AMU student suspended for criticising order

sidmis

AMU student suspended for criticising order

as reported by Staff Reporter, Published in HINDU

NEW DELHI: An Aligarh Muslim University student, Md. Adil Hossain, has alleged that he has been placed under suspension for speaking out against the university' stand on the issue of homosexuality and for using the RTI Act to seek information against what he alleged “financial bungling at AMU”.

A student of M.A. (Previous) Mass Communication, Adil has alleged that he has been penalised for criticising the suspension of Dr. Siras for his alleged homosexual orientation and his subsequent death. The student has alleged that the university has punished him for speaking about Dr. Siras's suspension in the media and on his blog.

“Probably I am the first student in the entire country to face suspension from any educational institution for criticising the present administration on account of financial bungling as proved in the Principal Accountant General's Report on the Internet as mentioned in the suspension order,” Adil alleged.

“I am also being victimised by the AMU administration as I openly lashed out against them during the controversy surrounding Dr. Siras. I am also the only student who spoke out against the Local Intelligence Unit, the official spy agency of AMU, which snoops on its students and teachers …I have filed numerous RTI application on the LIU and financial bungling at AMU and I think I am also being targeted for that,” Adil has alleged in his letter.

However, AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar said Adil has been suspended for various incidents of indiscipline including blocking the road and protesting against a power cut caused by a storm. “There was a storm and the university's power supply was disrupted.

He instigated other students to stage a protest, even though there was no electricity in the entire area because of the storm.”

‘Defamatory remarks'

The spokesperson said Adil also made defamatory remarks against the university when a student lost his life while trying to cross a railway track. University officials said a detailed inquiry will be conducted and Adil will be asked to appear before the committee conducting the inquiry.

The Hindu : National : AMU student suspended for criticising order

• Similar Content

• Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      Here is some of the decisions where-in if the public authority is harrassed by the employee by filing frivilous, repetitive and voluminous information. The same can be rejected on this ground and the CIC had mentioned it in many decision. One of the Contributor Shri. Ganpat had helped me compile those cases.
    • annkotts
      By annkotts
      Hello,
      I'm new 2 RTI . well ,my quest for an answer has brought me here.

Case: I have a post paid reliance mobile connection since the last two years. From inception, I have been harrased with my phone connection being barred , before the due date , for that months particular bill, even though all my payments are on schedule. I have approached the reliance web world many times and the explanation given is that I am exceeding my credit limit of Rs 500(a Rel limit) . And have been promised time and again that, it is their systems problem ,and it will be rectified the following month. But month after month it continues.

Q.1 What does postpaid connection mean as per TRAI ?

Q.2 As a customer do i have any right in this case ?

Q:3 Where & how to address my grieviences and make myself heard ?

I would be greatly obliged for any guidance in this matter.
      thanking in advance.

Ann

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy