News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
karira

Status of RTI at Regional Passport Office, Hyderabad - Am I Mad ?

karira

NOTE:

Decided to make the Complaint against non compliance a bit more "tougher".

Therefore redrafted the Complaint posted in post above , with the one attached here in this post.

Complaint against non compliance of CIC order.pdf

Ketan Modi

Respected Karira Sir,

I suggest that there are several experts who can impart not only training but they can be hired by the public authorities to implement RTI Act provisions all over the country on case to case basis or on retainer basis. Why not make such prayers? By the way you complaint has been drafted highly effectively. Happy information seeking.

Ketan Modi

karira

No reply from the CPIO of the MEA to the RTI application attached in post #43 above.

Filed First Appeal for "deemed denial".

• Like 1

syedshah1983

Once, I went to submit my RTI Application to the College where I studied. The PIO, and the Principal refused to receive that and used abusive language.

But today the scenario is totally different. I have filed atleast 15 RTI application in that 4 went for second appeal, 7 are pending at first appeal. I am filing RTI Applications on weekly basis( One RTI per Week ). There are lots and lots of irregularities, which they dont want the general public to know. I want to bring out all of them..

Another crooked behavior of the College is they never respond to RTI Applications sent directly. Therefore, what I do is send the RTI Application to Ministry of Education, they will transfer the application to College and then they will reply some nonsense, then it will eventually go for appeals..

Suneelji

Sir,

What a Fight ! Hats Off for the patience,self-restrain and humility ! Thanks for all the postings under this thread. Could you please post as to what happened from NOv 11 till today, if possible.

karira
Sir,

What a Fight ! Hats Off for the patience,self-restrain and humility ! Thanks for all the postings under this thread. Could you please post as to what happened from NOv 11 till today, if possible.

Nothing...they cant find the file in the CIC !

However, under the new RPO (Dr Srikar Reddy) there has been a major major improvement in the services.

Side story is also that now I train some PIOs from the passport offices and also many staff/officers working in the Passport office consult me regularly on filing their own RTIs.

Suneelji

IMO: This is definitely a happy (constructive) end. Nice to learn that under the threat perception the Managers and Staff of the Pass Port Office, became truly open minded and willing for a change in conduct and culture.

Prasad GLN

This is the change one must bring in PIOs. I have seen many tough PIOs , most defiant, do'nt care attitude coming slowly to right way with good manners. if only they meet a sincere applicant who speaks them softly without hurting ego and makes the learn facts.