sidmis

CIC issues show cause to notice to CBI

sidmis

CIC issues show cause to notice to CBI

as reported in Governance Now by GN Bureau | June 09 2010

Office of the SP, CBI, Mumbai, did not provide information within the stipulated time period

The central information commission (CIC) on Monday issued a show cause notice to superintendent of police, CBI, Navi Mumbai.

In August 2007, Ram Kumar had filed an application in CBI headquarters, Delhi, under the right to information act. The application was transferred to CBI’s Mumbai office. In October 2007, Kumar received incomplete information. He was asked to deposit Rs 10 to obtain the copies of weekly diaries pertaining to a case which he had demanded in his RTI application.

However, even after submitting this amount, he was not provided with this piece of information. Ruling in the applicant’s favour, the CIC has directed the office of SP, CBI, Navi Mumbai to provide the requisite information within 15 working days. “CPIO S.N. Saxena, Superintendent of Police, CBI, A 2 Wing, 8th Floor, CGO Complex, Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra) is further directed to show cause as to why a penalty of Rs 250 per day from the date information fell due i.e.3.6.'08 to the date when the information is actually supplied, not exceeding Rs 25000/- should not be imposed on him under Section 20(1) of the RTI Act,” said the order.

Source : GovernanceNow.com | CIC issues show cause to notice to CBI

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      How do I send a registered notice to college principal asking for return of original documents? ( I am asking for the procedure in drafting a registered notice.)
    • venugopal
      By venugopal
      My application got delayed and the officer was apparently not responsible but his office assist were.

I learned that in RTI rule 20 only officers are liable for punishment under RTI. Then how those clerks can be held responsible?

There should be a clause to fix the people below ACPIO too.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy