News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
gangubai

EPF account closed, but received only part money ..

gangubai

Hi community,

Its an excellent thing that the learned people here are doing -

guiding the likes of me, who inspite of being the so called 'educated youngsters' and 'future' of India, feel helpless when it comes to dealing with govt. offices.

My concern right now is that its been more than 2 years that my EPF closure has not paid me my complete amount.

I had transfered my EPF savings from my Pune RPFO to Hyderabad RPFO when i changed company.

The Pune RPFO has confirmed that they have transferred the amount of about XXX/- to RPFO Hyderabad in March 2008.

They have infact given me the cheque number, the amount, and the date on which the check was sent to Hyderabad RPFO.

Later when I left my new company, I was expecting a total of about INR YYY/- in my EPF account.

But on closure of my EPF account in mid 2009, I received only about INR ZZZ/-

Repeated emails, telephone calls to RPFO Hyderabad haven't helped.

In August 2009, Hyderabad RPFO sent me an 'Advance Payment Receipt', which I signed and returned to them, but still there is no refund.

Later they said, I don't need to submit Advance Payment Receipt as my account is already closed.

I work in Singapore, hence it would be a nightmare for me to go sit in Hyderabad for days together just to get this resolved.

I am tired of being made to run from post to pillar.

The information I am seeking from RPFO Hyderabad is -

1. The individual transactions that occured on my epf account i.e. the periodic deposits and the corresponding overall account balance

2. Whether the Pune RPFO transfer amount was deposited in my account

3. What my final balance was

4. On what basis my final refund was calculated as about INR XXX/-

I am unsure about which steps should I follow. The ones on

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/33-provident-fund-refund.html

by Sir JPS 50

or the ones on

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/76-how-know-provident-fund-status-through-right-information.html

by Sir JPS 50

or the ones on

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/ambrish.p/641-pf-account-details.html

by Sir Ambrish

Would be grateful if you could guide.

Also, should I, in my postal mail, attach a printout copy of the email confirmation I have received from RPFO Pune,

and the emails I have sent to RPFO Hyderabad?

I have sent emails to -

epfohyd at ap.nic.in

epfohyd at hd2.dot.net.in

rpfcap at rediffmail.com

rpfchyd at gmail.com

ro.hyderabad at epfindia.gov.in

No one from amongst them has ever replied back

Thanking you in advance for your valued guidance.

Sincerely,

Bhavesh Kotak

smbhappy

Pendig Unresponded Issues

Sear Gangu Bhai

Please file separate RTI Applications with the PIO of the RPFC Hyderabad and Pune via Speed Post. While filing RTI Application detailing the problem being faced by you and quoted therein your all previous references of letter/telephone/personal visits to the office of the RPFC Hyderabad and Pune and ask for the following information (Please use all or some points as suited to you. Point No. 6-9 below is essential for quick and positive action):

01. Inform me the day to day action taken on my various requests made earlier (give date wise detail of your letters/visits/phone calls).

02. Inform me the time needed as per law to finalize the required action.

03. Inform me latest status of your request.

04. Provide me the certified copies of the File Notings relating to this matter.

05. Inform me reasons for the delay

06. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for taking action on your request.

07. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for causing delay on your request.

08. This application may also be treated as a Notice u/s 80 CPC and the action taken thereunder may also be inform to me in due course.

09. I have paid fee for the purpose. I am a consumer. The delay is a deficient service. Moreover I am being harassed. What compensation is proposed to paid to me. if Nothing, This may please be treated as a Notice under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.

10. Inform me the manner in which the PA is proposing to compensate you for the mental agony and deficient service.

11. Any other point on your mind (Think Hard).

Here's the web address of the Helpline of the President of India's Secretariat where you can file and/or upload your grievance and later on view the status of the same. You may also file an online complaint to the Indian President’s Secretariat at :: President's Secretariat Helpline ::

Most probably your work will be done with a quick pace, which you would had never expected under normal circumstances.

You will find necessary help for filing the RTI Application by clicking the "RTI Guide" button at the top of this page.

• Like 1

jps50

I would suggest that you file RTI application with EPFO offices of Pune and Hyderabad seeking statement of accounts by visiting:

PF STATUS

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/76-how-know-provident-fund-status-through-rti.html

This way you will know exact amount receivable from EPFO. In case of any discrepancy, lodge a detailed non-RTI complaint with the concerned office of EPFO. If you do not get reply in a month file another RTI application with CPIO of that EPFO office by visiting:

Long pending? :

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

Central Govt application:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Please also visit EPFO for addresses etc

• Like 1

gangubai

Thanks smbhappy sir and pjs50 sir.

Will do this right away.

And let the group know of the good news of success, once it happens. :)

smbhappy
Its My Post #930

Good Luck to you

gangubai

With the guidance provided, I have drafted mails that I plan to send out soon.

And I already am feeling empowered.

My thanks again.

Attaching my draft emails here, for the benefit of those who wish to resolve a similar grievance in future.

My apologies if the contents of my attachments fail to abide by rules and regulations of this forum.

Would request the moderator to filter out the contents if he/she deems fit.

To CPIO of EPFO Hyderabad.doc

To CPIO of EPFO Pune.doc

smbhappy

Dear Gabgu Bai

the amended letters to RPFC Hyderabad are attached. Green highlighted and cut through portions are required to be deleted and the Pink highlighted portions are required to be added. Please Hotice the dated of the two letters. It is important to maintain a gap of a fortnight to enable the RPFC to act.

You may amend your Pune letter accordingly.

Gabgubai - CPIO of EPFO Hyderabad.doc

• Like 1

gangubai

Sorry been a long time. The update from me as of now is -

I had written RTI application to Pune about 20 days back, but the demand draft had name issue, they have mailed back asking to send them the rectified demand draft. So am doing this now.

I had written a plain enquiry letter to Hyderabad about 20 days back. They haven't bothered to reply, as was expected. So will now send the RTI application citing the old letter.

3. Meanwhile, I had also raised a grievance through epfindia.gov.in

Thankfully, have received a reply from there as under -

"

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is with reference to your Grievance registered vide Registration Number ROHBD/E/2010/XXXXX.

It is informed that after processing your grievance,the following action(s) has been taken:

Necessary instructions have been given to the officials conerned to initiate action immediately on top priority

Therefore, we are closing your grievance from this office.Please quote the same in your future correspondence."

Will post once have further progress.

smbhappy

A Little more patience will pay.

gangubai

Have received detailed reply from Pune. They have given the date, cheque number, and amount of the transfer that they had sent to the Hyderabad EPF office.

Have received reply from Hyderabad, but they have rejected the RTI request saying details provided are not sufficient and are ambigious and that EPF being a private matter, they cannot reveal details unless I confirm my idendity. Plain game of not disclosing the facts and buying time.

I have asked my family to send me a scanned copy of their reply, so that I can post the same here, and seek your guidance on further action.

Will hopefully post the reply I have received, by tomorrow.

smbhappy

Now you have seen the MIRACLE of RTI. There always are some tough nuts to crack. They will crack under pressure.

No body can ask for any ID proof. File a First Appeal immediately.

• Like 1

ambrish.p

Have received reply from Hyderabad, but they have rejected the RTI request saying details provided are not sufficient and are ambigious and that EPF being a private matter, they cannot reveal details unless I confirm my idendity. Plain game of not disclosing the facts and buying time.

Dear Member

Whats harm in providing the details to PIO. U can send attested copies of your IDs to PIO and in the letter do mention that u wont allow him to buy time on this ground.

regards

• Like 1

smbhappy

As a lay man, I don't mind going against the provision of the law, where a PIO ask information (ID) of an applicant to avoid delay. But as a RTI Activist, I will consider it bowing to the whims of an arogant officer.

Nevertheless, point out to the PIO that it is against the law [Section 6(2) reproduced below] and he can be penalized for it under section 18 and 19 of the Act.

Section 6(2) An applicant making request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him.
  • Like 1

gangubai

Thats good development, I agree.. :)

Am attaching the documents which I had sent to Hyderabad office.

1. To begin with, had sent a plain Grievance letter to the Hyderabad EPF office.

Please see the attachments titled -

i) Grievance letter.doc, and

ii) Grievance about Employee Provident Fund refund.doc

The ii) above was the copy of emails I had sent to them earlier without getting a reply from them.

2. Then I sent the RTI about 2 months back. Please see the attachment

iii) To CPIO of EPFO Hyderabad.doc

This clearly listed my grievance, and each individual point that my query was about.

Had sent i) and ii) alongwith as well.

Additionally, I had given my passport number and if I recollect, a photocopy of my passport for their identity verification (so that they shouldn't come back saying we dont disclose personal information to any other citizen.. but thats precisely the reply we have got.)

3. This letter(iii), in my belief, was clear enough.

But they shockingly (or perhaps shamelessly?) replied as the attachment -

iv) Reply-from-Hyderabad.doc

----

Well, haven't got the final answer yet, but atleast the wheels are now in motion.

Grinding through the system which was until now non-responsive and indifferent to its duties.

What next :)

My sincere thanks as always.

Grievance letter.doc

To CPIO of EPFO Hyderabad.doc

Grievance about Employee Provident Fund refund.doc

Reply-from-Hyderabad.doc

gangubai
Dear Member

Whats harm in providing the details to PIO. U can send attested copies of your IDs to PIO and in the letter do mention that u wont allow him to buy time on this ground.

regards

I had already given my passport details to them. Yet they have replied citing identity reasons for denial of providing information. :) .. how convenient for them.

smbhappy

You can go in for the First Appeal

gangubai

Hi all,

Latest is that

"I GOT THE MONEY" :) ...............................

I filed 1st Appeal.

That was repelled citing same reason as the previous refutal.

I went for the 2nd appeal.

Sent 4 copies of my appeal.. 2 to the Central Public Information Officer, 1 to the 1st appellate, and 1 to the Hyderabad EPF office.

Been nearly 3-4 months since I sent the 2nd appeal, but haven't received any reply till late.

However, immediately within a week of my filing 2nd appeal, got a call from Hyderabad EPF office enquiring about the overall issue, current status, etc.

I told them I had mailed them Advanced Stamped Receipt many months back, but didn't get my money back. The officer said they hadn't received any (and I wasn't surprised at this response). Gave me his fax number, personal email id (saying office email id wont be that quick), and asked me to send copies of the ASR and other documents I claim to have sent before.

I faxed him a copy of my ASR and other documents.

Within a week, he called again saying his office has released the cheque.

A week later, he again called up asking if I had received the cheque.

Kept following up with me for a week more, until I finally received the cheque.

So yes, i got my cheque finally.

Unfortunately, haven't received reply to my RTI where I had asked for detailed list of transactions on my Provident Fund account, and explaining how the final settlement amount was calculated.

So am planning to send a fresh RTI now to Hyderabad EPF office, asking for details of transaction and final balance in my account.

If I find any discrepancy, I will file a case in consumer court asking for damages.

I have received the MONEY though finally :)

Thanks to the wonderful guidance, and encouragement from all of you !!

And thanks to this money, I could arrange for the cash I needed to buy a house which I recently did.

So it means a lot to me !!

Thanks again ... !!!!!!!!!!!!

ganpat1956

Gangubai, it is quite heartening to learn of your success, especially after a hard-fought battle over the last one year. Your thread is now shifted to the success stories section of this portal.

Now that you have learnt quite a lot on RTI practically, spread the message among your friends and relatives. Wishing you a great RTIing time ahead.

• Like 2

gangubai

Yes its been months since I've been encouraging (and guiding) and friends and their friends with RTI filing.

Want to extend my gratitude to the respectful ambrish, jps50, smbhappy and ganpat1956..

Is there a way I can meet you personally? ...

Or atleast send you a thank-you memento by post?