News Ticker
rahul_bgl

it refund pending for a long time

Question

rahul_bgl

Hi,

My son is a NRI. He has a IT refund pending now for the last 5 years. and he is asking me to follow up

with IT dept.

Despite many letters to the dept i have not had any response.

a)Can i invoke RTI by sending the required postal order and requesting for the refund?

Or does it have to be my son only who can invoke RTI?

b)He is coming to India on a short vacation. Can he apply for the same when he is in india?

Or does he have to necessarily invoke RTI only from overseas?

c) I got a reply saying i could check for cpio address in link Income Tax India but there is none or no record for tamil nadu. How do i get the actual address?

Thanks in advance,

Rahul

6 answers to this question

smbhappy

Mr. Rahul,

Please file RTI Application with the PIO of the concerned Public Authority (Income Tax Department where the return was filed) via Speed Post.

While filing RTI Application detailing the problem being faced by you and quoted therein your all previous references of letter/telephone/personal visits to the office of the Public Authority and ask for the following information (Please use all or some points as suited to you. Point No. 6-9 below is essential for quick and positive action):

01. Inform me the day to day action taken on my various requests made earlier (give date wise detail of your letters/visits/phone calls).

02. Inform me the time needed as per law to finalize the required action.

03. Inform me latest status of your request.

04. Provide me the certified copies of the File Notings relating to this matter from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.

05. Inform me reasons for the delay

06. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for taking action on your request.

07. Inform me Name & Designation of the officers/Officials responsible for causing delay on your request.

08. This application may also be treated as a Notice u/s 80 CPC and the action taken thereunder may also be inform to me in due course.

09. I have paid fee for the purpose. I am a consumer. The delay is a deficient service. Moreover I am being harassed. What compensation is proposed to paid to me. if Nothing, This may please be treated as a Notice under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.

10. Inform me the manner in which the PA is proposing to compensate you for the mental agony and deficient service.

11. Any other point on your mind (Think Hard).

DO ALL YOUR CORRESPONDENCE THROUGH SPEED POST.

Here's the web address of the Helpline of the President of India's Secretariat where you can file and/or upload your grievance and later on view the status of the same. You may also file an online complaint to the President of India’s Secretariat at :: President's Secretariat Helpline ::

Most probably your work will be done with a quick pace, which you would had never expected under normal circumstances.

You will find necessary help for filing the RTI Application by clicking the ”Home” or "RTI Guide" button at the top of this page. Also please use the customized Google search bar located at the top of this page and search for "Income Tax Refund", etc. and you may get a/many threads.

You may aslo see the thread "Need information on getting income tax refund".

and find out more: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2504-n...ax-refund.html (Need information on getting income tax refund)

jps50

Please visit following link:

IT Refund:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ng-refund.html

ITO of your income tax ward is CPIO for that ward. If you cannot locate exact CPIO, address RTI applicationit to CPIO O/O Chief Commissioner of Income Tax. His address you can get from itax. I would advise that on the envelope address only as

Chief Commissioner of Income Tax [mention address] i.e. without the words CPIO. This way envelope will not bounce back. Once it is delivered, it will be the responsibility of CPIO of that office to redirect to correct CPIO within 5 days of receipt by him. We have experienced that IT Dept avoid accepting envelopes addressed to CPIO by giving some flimsy reason, since they come to know that it relates to RTI. Hence address envelope as suggested.

Only your son can sign the application. So get it signed by him when he visits. Since he will be returning back, get an authority letter from him in your favour to file RTI applications and appeals with IT Dept and CIC etc, so that in future you can sign on his behalf.

rinku84negi

Hi, I have not got my incomre tax return.

i received a letter in which they asked to courier my PAN no and other details to them before a date but the letter i received was received after crossing that date.

so i had no scope to send the latter as the date was already crossed.

i want to receive my amount back.please let me know what should i do.

Regards

ambrish.p

Dear Rinku

Kindly refer post # 2 & 3 (no of post is mentioned on top right of every post).

regards

schakrapani

sir

my it refund for XXXXXXX is yet to be recd. kindly do the needful.

thanks

schakrapani

ambrish.p

Dear S. Chakrapani

This portal does not provide information but helps members to effectively use RTI Act 2005 and get the information. If u wish, u can file RTI application for status of your refund. Please refer post # 2 & 3 for details.

regards