- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Loan info: RTI at co-owner's disposal
As reported in the Times of India, 12 Aug 2008, TNN
AHMEDABAD: The Central Information Commission (CIC) has held that a co-owner of land on which loan has been granted by the bank is entitled to have the information about the loan under Right to Information (RTI) Act.
Mukhatyarali Kuereshi of Fatehpura in Vadodara sought information under RTI from the general manager and the central public information officer (CPIO) of State Bank of India's (SBI) local head office in Bhadra. Kuereshi wanted to know information about a loan taken from SBI, the name of the person who availed of the loan, the amount of loan taken and the outstandings.
He also wanted the name of co-owners of the land who had given their no objection consent on granting of the loan as also names of the guarantors of the loan account and whether they too had availed of loan facility from the branch.
The CPIO denied the information but the appellate authority directed the CPIO to seek consent of the other co-owners as third parties and incase they agree then to furnish the information. Notices were issued to all nine co-owners and as one of them objected to disclosure, information was denied to Kuereshi.
CIC ruled that except the information regarding whether the guarantors had availed any loan facility, as Kuereshi was a co-owner of the land on which loan had been granted, all other information had to be given within 15 days and disposed off the appeal.
Loan info: RTI at co-owner's disposal-Ahmedabad-Cities-The Times of India
I had filed an application with the Indian Overseas Branch in Bannur Branch, Mysore district, Karnataka State, seeking to get the loan details(liabalities) of the municipal councilor and her husband has with that bank as I want to tally with the nomination they had filed.
The bank has replied me back saying that "since they don't see any valid reason in giving the details they can't provide the same" and have told me to contact the Chennai head office for further appeal.
Can I get the information which I had asked and the way I have to go now?