News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
secans

TRAI: National Do Not Disturb registry

secans

Hello,

Using RTI, I want to check what's the process of getting the compensation under National Do Not Disturb Registry.

Inspite of having registered to NDND, I am still getting the unsolicited calls and my service provider is not helping me to resolve this.

I also want to know where should I send the RTI application. I am from Pune, Maharashtra.

Thank You,

Sec

karira

secans,

First please check the TRAI website to see if this information is already available (http://www.trai.gov.in/Default.asp)

If you want to file a RTI, then the RTI application alongwith a application fee of Rs. 10.00 by IPO needs to be sent to the CPIO of TRAI. Details of TRAI CPIO are available at: http://www.trai.gov.in/right%20to%20information/CPIO.pdf

Your RTI needs to be as per the RTI Rules for the centre.

For further help in drafting a application, how to submit, mode of payment of fees, Centre RTI Rules, etc., please visit the guide segment of this portal (link available at the top right side of this page).

secans

Thanks you for your reply Karira.

I tried to find the information on there website but the information is not very clear.

The problem is that I have registered to National Do Not disturb registry and I still got a call from insurance company. So I filed a complaint with my service provider - Vodafone. They say that they have forward the complain to BSNL as I got a call from BSNL number.

According to TRAI rules, they (Calling party I guess) are supposed to pay the compensation of Rs. 500/- for the first call and double for next call.

(National Do Not Call Registry)

Now I am blocked as I don't have any information on how to proceed further and approach BSNL/Vodafone. I am also not sure how long it take to complete the process, what if I don't any answer from both BSNL & Vodafone etc.

I am sure this is everyone's problem these days. If you could help me in drafting the right questions in above context by posting here, it will really help me and others.

I really appreciate you time and help. I will upload the RTI document once I get any reply from TRAI.

Thanks.

karira

I am afraid that RTI will not be of much help here.

Your service provider is not covered under RTI.

BSNL is covered under RTI.

If you can get all details of the complaint sent by Vodafone to BSNL then you can file a RTI with BSNL to ask what action they have taken against the erring telemarketer.

parasmk

Here is what is written on the TRAI official website. I tried the SMS option (recommended) and have received a confirmation number. Let's see if these Telemarketing calls stop after 45 days. BTW I use Reliance CDMA.

For customers who would like to register/de-register their request for NDNC registry may dial 1909 or SMS to 1909 with keywords 'START DND' for registration and 'STOP DND' for de-registration

National Do Not Call Registry

whackpack

Talking of Reliance CDMA, let me share my personal experience. Every time you register for NDNC registry with Reliance, in my experience, those 45 days become HELL. The number of calls, from Reliance alone, increase manyfold, to the limit that you want to switch off your cell / navigate to alternate subscriber.

Wish you all the best

rajan.srivastava

Some latest information, as on Aug, 2010:

I asked TRAI in an RTI for compensation clause mentioned in "NDNC website" and they replied saying there's no compensation/penalty to be paid to the victim subscriber.

I am still surprised at their RTI-reply because the above NDNC link clearly mentions that the victim shall be paid by the service provider.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy