News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
shomi

To get informations from vinayaka missions university, salem, tamil nadu ?

Question

shomi

I want to get some specific informations from the university mentioned above. They don't reply to my letters. All the e-mails made to them were bounced back. Now i want to use the rti act to receive the informations.

Whom should i write to and how ? What are the procedures ?

Kindly guide me.

Shomi mojumder

kolkata

1 answer to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Shomi

a. RTI procedure is :Time limits specified in the RTI Act - RTI Guide

1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO

2. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),

First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)

3. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the CIC/SIC (time period is 90 days)

b. RTI application addressed to Public Information Officer of the University and as per: TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - RTI Guide

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards