News Ticker
XeeXee

Stamp Paper issued to ?? : Details Required

XeeXee

Hi

I need information on the issuance details of a Non Judicial Stamp Paper for Rs.100/- issued by a Stamp Vendor (Only Name Available as address is unreadable) in Mumbai.

I need the respective Official/ Department/ Stamp Vendor to provide information that "The Stamp Paper bearing Serial No.xxxxxx was supplied to Stamp Vendor XXXX and was further issued to "XXXXXX".

1. Please help me to create an appropriate RTI Application for the same.

2. I need to know the correct authority to apply to.

Awaiting reply.

Best Regards

karira

You have to file your RTI application with the State Public Information Officer (SPIO) of the Department of Registration and Stamps. Just check this website and call anyone there to find out who is the correct SPIO (because website does not give details): Department of Registration & Stamps, Maharashtra ( RISS / SARITA - II)

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for Maharashtra.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

XeeXee

Hi,

An Agreement was executed between 2 parties on Rs.100/- non judicial stamp paper.

The Licensed Stamp Vendor had issued the Stamp Paper in favour of an Advocate with an additional writing that had the name of one of the parties to the agreement. I needed to verify to whom this stamp paper was issued to and the date it was issued on.

I drafted a RTI Application addressed to the Superintendent of Stamps, Mumbai

General Stamp Office....., requesting for :

1. Full name and address of the Licensed Stamp Vendor to whom the Stamp Paper was issued to.

2. name and address of person to whom the Non Judicial Stamp Paper was issued to by the Stamp Vendor, thereafter.

3. certified copy of the relevant pages/s of the Register where the details are recorded by the Licensed Stamp Vendor at the time of sale/ issue of the said Stamp Paper, clearly showing the name of the person to whom the Non Judicial Stamp Paper for Rs.100/- bearing serial no. XX 999999 was issued to.

I received a call from the deptt in around 30 days and they gave me a properly drafted letter with all the information in tabular form and also the photocopies of the register as requested.

Best Regards

RTI Application for info on Stamp Paper.doc

karira

Congratulations on your success with RTI !

Now, with this personal experience, please feel confident to spread the word about this wonderful tool that we have.

Speak to your neighbors, family, friends, colleagues, etc.....and RTI will be useful to them also.

sharmajee

For my knowledge how man years old stamps or other information we can seek under RTI Act? or in other words for how many years officials are supposed to preserve the records? Thanks

karira
For my knowledge how man years old stamps or other information we can seek under RTI Act? or in other words for how many years officials are supposed to preserve the records? Thanks

It depends on the "record retention" scedule of that department in each state.

Just check with the department in that state.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• nchander
      By nchander
      Hello,

I am trying to submit a RTI application (first time), to the Ministry of revenue, government of Maharastra. I need to find out following information.

1. If a party is given a stamp duty exemption for a lease deed of commercial property as per law applicable at that time, can that exemption be revoked at a later date if it is found that party has not fulfilled the criteria for getting exemption?

2. If yes, if first party has already sold the property. Who is liable to pay this stamp duty, first party who got the exemption or current owner of the property.

Any suggestion on framing of above question? Do they look ok? Can PIO reject these questions?
    • karira
      By karira
      As reported by Manoj Mitta of TNN in The Times of India, Hyderabad Edition, 14 June 2008:
      Welcome

When politics stamp out rules

Govts Often Found Flouting 10-Yr Embargo On Releasing Philately

New Delhi: A commemorative stamp on Rajesh Pilot in the time of Gujjar agitation? Whether an inspired move or not, it is the latest in a series of 97 stamps issued so far on eminent persons and the timing of most of those, including the one on Pilot, has been contrary to the prescribed 10-year embargo.

In order to ensure “objective assessment” of the proposal to issue such a commemorative stamp, rule 72(4) of the handbook on philately says “no stamp will be issued sooner than 10 years after the individual’s death.” The occasion is generally required to be the birth centenary or 10th, 25th, 50th or 100th death anniversary of the person concerned.

The only exception provided to this rule is a former “head of state,” which has been loosely interpreted to include not just presidents but also prime ministers and the father of the nation. For, each of them has been marked as an “exception” in the list of persons honoured with stamps within 10 year of their death.

That there is more politics than “objective assessment” behind these commemorative stamps breaching the 10-year embargo is evident from the list given out by the postal department in response to an RTI application.

Although former prime ministers have been taken as “exceptions” to the 10-year embargo, the postal department is yet to commemorate P V Narasimha Rao, who died in December 2004. In contrast, his home minister S B Chavan, who had died 10 months earlier than him, was honoured with a stamp about a year ago.

Both Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi were honoured with stamps on the very first birth anniversaries after their violent deaths in 1984 and 1991, respectively. While the gap between the death and the stamp was barely three months in the case of Rajiv Gandhi, it was even less so in the case of Indira Gandhi: just 19 days. This is despite the rule that the proposals should be taken up at least two years ahead of the proposed date of issue “to enable proper examination” by the philatelic advisory committee.

If Rajesh Pilot has just been commemorated with a stamp on his eighth death anniversary, his colleague Madhavrao Scindia, who died a year later in 2001, was honoured with a stamp in 2005 on his 60th birth anniversary.

Majority of the persons commemorated with stamps are political leaders and, needless to add, their selection depended on the attitude of the party or parties in power at the given point of time. One very significant departure from this pattern is that in 1970, the Indira Gandhi government issued a stamp honouring Vir Savarkar.

The stamp on Murasoli Maran was issued on his 70th birth anniversary in 2004, within a year of his death, when the minister in charge of the postal department was none other than his son Dayanidhi Maran.

The file notings ferreted out by RTI applicant Subhash Chandra Aggarwal show that the stamp on Maran Sr came about after Maran Jr had “acceded” to a request made by A Raja, who was then his cabinet and party colleague and now his successor in the ministry. While submitting the stamp draft for his “formal approval,” a senior official wrote on the file that Maran Jr himself might “like to indicate who is to be contacted in Chennai/Delhi to organized the function” for launching the stamp.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy