News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
yesprasoon

RTI for IT Refund - a bit confusion

yesprasoon

I've filed ITR-1 online for AY 2009-10 in 2009. At that time my AO(Ward/Circle) was 'ITO Ward 32(2)/DEL/W/62/2'. In that I claimed a refund by providing bank details for transfer. I was in Hyderabad but my IT details were still located in Delhi.

After this my file got transferred to Hyderabad, and now my AO(Ward/Circle) is 'JCIT(P) R-12, HYD/APR/P/92/1'.

I have read about the RTI format but my questions are -

1) To whom my RTI would be addressed - Delhi (Where file was located that time), Hyderabad (Where file is located now) or Bangalore-CPC (Because I filed electronically)?
2) Whatever be the case, what is address I need to mention in RTI (based on details provided above)?
3) If I need to send RTI Delhi, can I do the same while staying in Hyderabad? If yes, how and from where?
4) I found that we can file RTI online (Lodge Your Complaint: Central Information Commission (CIC) Online) as well. I selected 'Ministry of Finance' in 'Union Ministry' and 'Department of Revenue' in 'Department'. What should I select in 'Organisation/Public Authority', based on above mentioned situation?

jps50

You can file RTI application with the ITO with whom your file is assessed at present. Under RTI, even if you address application to wrong CPIO, he is bound to attend it by sucking information from its location within the organisation. Hence do not worry. The link provided by you relates to only complaint/second appeal to Central Information Commission [which is the highest authority under RTI]. You have to submit RTI application [first stage of RTI] to IT Dept. Hence this link is not relevant at present. Send hard copies to IT Dept with postal order by speed post. For address etc please visit:

IT Refund:
http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ng-refund.html

IT Refund:
http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/53-how-file-rti-application-delay-income-tax-refund.html

Locate PIO:
HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - RTI Guide

Make effective:
http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

• Like 1

yesprasoon

Thanks for your reply.

As suggested in the forum, I am sending communication by registered post first. I tried to locate the AO address, but couldn't succeed. Either link is broken or it is provided only with phone numbers. I need full address of 'JCIT(P) R-12, HYD/APR/P/92/1', where I can send registered post. Any link/help?

karira

Just call any of the numbers given in the list and ask for the address.

• Like 1

yesprasoon

Thanks to both of you. I've sent normal letter/request (by regd. post) to expedite the process. Let's see what happens. After 15 days, I would file RTI.

yesprasoon

I've received my refund. However, I did not send RTI. It was just a normal letter with RTI format, suggesting that RTI will follow. Thanks for all the help and can someone please move this thread to 'RTI success'?

ambrish.p

Dear Member

Congrats on your success !

regards

jps50

Happy to know that threat of impending RTI push also works.

• Like 1

nunesrinivasarao

I am facing problem with Income Tax Department, they deactivated my PAN card. They suggested to contact Assessing Officer (Jurisdiction-APR/P/92/1) at Hyderabad. I dont have any address of the AO. Kindly give the AO address, I will met AO and solve the my problem. Please provide the address.

ssthanu

Hi Srinivasa Rao

Please call the Income tax toll free number 1800-425-2229 and get the required information.

Thanks & Regards

SS.Thanu

Sadanandam
Thanks to both of you. I've sent normal letter/request (by regd. post) to expedite the process. Let's see what happens. After 15 days, I would file RTI.

Congrats.. Have u received the compensation for delay of Amount from IT

Sadanandam

I have received a call for IncomeTax Range12 Hyderabad on 8/22/2012 the status of the Refund Amount for AY 2007-2008 after applying under RTI Application the status of my complaint under RTI. The officials informed the Amount will be credited direct to bank account. Thanks RTI Teams atleast IT department has looked over the Application for Refund.

• Like 1

Sadanandam

I have received the Refund amount cheque in December2012 from IT Dept after using RTI

karira
I have received the Refund amount cheque in December2012 from IT Dept after using RTI

Congratulations on your success with RTI.

Now that you have personal experience of the RTI power, please spread the RTI word amongst your family, friends, colleagues, neighbors, etc.

RTI will be of great use to them also.

koteswararaonerella

Congrats yes prasoon by MERE MENTION IN YOUR LETTER THAT RTI WILL FOLLOW you could get your refund which INDICATES THE POWER OF RTI. KEEP IT UP AND ADVICE YOUR FRIENDS IN NEED .

udks

Kindly provide me a sample of complete rti application as i have no idea about it and also whom to submit it?

koteswararaonerella
Kindly provide me a sample of complete rti application as i have no idea about it and also whom to submit it?

Read the following links

HOW TO WRITE RTI APPLICATION

GUIDE IN WRITING GOOD RTI APPLICATION

WRITE/SUBMIT/SAMPLE RTI APPLICATION

they will give you fair knowledge about RTI application writing.

ranjan82
You can file RTI application with the ITO with whom your file is assessed at present. Under RTI, even if you address application to wrong CPIO, he is bound to attend it by sucking information from its location within the organisation. Hence do not worry. The link provided by you relates to only complaint/second appeal to Central Information Commission [which is the highest authority under RTI]. You have to submit RTI application [first stage of RTI] to IT Dept. Hence this link is not relevant at present. Send hard copies to IT Dept with postal order by speed post. For address etc please visit:

IT Refund:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ng-refund.html

IT Refund:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/53-how-file-rti-application-delay-income-tax-refund.html

Locate PIO:

HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - RTI Guide

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

As you described each and everything really its useful for everyone who want to know about it. Most of the time what happened we don't know what to do and where to do? But the links you given are giving all related information. Thanks for sharing..........

Deepak Dang
I've received my refund. However, I did not send RTI. It was just a normal letter with RTI format, suggesting that RTI will follow. Thanks for all the help and can someone please move this thread to 'RTI success'?

OUR SITE IS QUITE POPULAR AMONG PIOs/CPIOs. As soon as such grievance is uploaded, executives advise juniors to redress the grievance.

Prasad GLN

Let us admit a fact as fact and give credit where it is actually due.

There is transformation in Income Tax, EPF, UGC, AICTE and CBSE and there was drastic reduction in their RTI Application receipts as most of the information is either available in their website or they have opened on line grievance redressal with proper controls. They have reduced the burden to a large extent.

Deepak Dang

They cater a large no. Of persons & found that everyone is using RTI. So suo- motu disclosure is only way to reduce the avoidable burden. I perceive it AS SUCESS STORY OF RTI & referred in preamble to increase the suo- motu disclosures. Now every office has helpline, FAQs, grivance redressal mechanism etc.

Sent from my LG-K220 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Prasad GLN

We get such queries if there is a delay, and as far as I remember that last query on IT refund was in Jun, 2014, and there were never further queries. Let us not go for the past threads, re open it and unnecessarily discuss on issues not relevant.

Now every Public Authority has a Redressal mechanism for such grievances and that must be closed within 24 hours. When there is a better alternative without involving a rupee cost, filing RTI Application for IT refund has become extinct.

Focus on present issues, as and when members post a query and never, never continue discussions on old threads.

I am making this advice, as your post reaches 22 other members mails, when there is no substance or use in further discussions.

Also look as to how many views are made so far in the thread, as it gives priorities of members on each issue.

Edited by G.L.N. Prasad