vctmoorthi

Regarding the claim from the state government

Question

vctmoorthi

Hi

I'm thirumoorthi. My uncle was a watermen in our panchayat and he suddenly died before two years while in the duty. Our panchayet board president asked to submit death certificate of my uncle and their parents for claim of an amount of Rs.150000 from the state government accident fund. My motheer is the only guardian and we too submitted heir certificate for the same before two years, but now when i ask them they are saying that my application is under process. Hardly after two years i'm getting the same answer. In same panchayat another waterman died after him and his wife got the claim in next six months.

Please guide me up to file RTI

9 answers to this question

karira

If you have sent written reminders to the Panchayat, the you can file a RTI Application based on the format given here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for Tamil Nadu.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

vctmoorthi

Hi,

As per the Reply got from RTI, i approached Village panchayat office for the status of the cliam. They told that, they have applied to the regional insurance manager for claim before 15 months and also they have sent reminder letter before three months.What i should do further.. For whom i should file RTI, and against which case i should file..I've noted down regional manager number and letters dated used for transactions...

please help me out in this issue.

karira

Have they given you copies of the letter they sent to Insurance Company and also the reminder they have sent ?

Why did you just "approach" them ?

You were advised to file a proper RTI Application ?

Please file a proper RTI Application (as per suggestion in post #2 above) and get certified copies of all correspondence between the Panchayat and the Insurance Company.

Once you have that, you will know for sure that they have really presented your claim and also sent reminders.

Then you can proceed further.

vctmoorthi

Thanks Karira for your reply..

I just approached to collect the letters and reminders copies..they had given the xerox copies of the claim form and reminder sent to "The regional manager, lic of India, chennai".

Next whether i have to file RTI on whom, where i've to address this application.Since I'm new to all this things, if you don mind can you guide me up in each steps. Anyhow i need to collect the amount of Rs.150000 from the LIC corporation.

Please help to proceed further.Thanks for helping me in this issue. Expecting your earlier reply..

karira
Anyhow i need to collect the amount of Rs.150000 from the LIC corporation.

Please help to proceed further.

In that case you need to follow up with LIC Chennai.

I hope you have the complete details of the office where the claim was sent by the Panchayat.

Your RTI Application has to be addressed to the PIO of LIC in that office.

Details can be obtained from here: http://www.licindia.in/pages/UPDATED_ADDRESS_OF_CPIO&AA.doc.xls

(read line 156 onwards)

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

There are many application forms and formats on the portal. Just read some of them here: application format - Google Search

vctmoorthi

Hi Karira

Atlast i've successfully sent my RTI application to Cheif PIO, LIC of India, Chennai. Now i'm having the receipt for my registered post, sent via Coimbatore post office. How many days cut-off to get proper reply from them, and what are the process ahead to be taken care by me during this interval. I've attached Postal order as RTI fee.Anyhow thanks for your earliest reply. Hopefully i'm expecting my 150000 rupees claim amount. I'm ready to even donate some amount, but no govt officials should corrupt that.thank god..

karira

The PIO should provide you information within 30 days of receiving the RTI Application.

Add another 5 to 7 days for postal delays.

vctmoorthi

Hi Karira

Finally i got th reply from LIC of chennai stating as they cannot provide the information as per the law section 2.They also added that was an memorandum sign up between village development officer and group insurance scheme. They had given a statement saying that, claim process been delayed due to delay in submitting the age details of the deceased person by the respective village panchayat office. but LIC has agreed that they had received papers before one year and yet to receive certain age and death details from the panchayat office.

What should me my next step to claim process

karira

You got the information you wanted.

The RTI part is over.

Now you have to follow up with the Panchayat to see if they have sent all the relevant papers asked by LIC.

This portal is dedicated to ONLY discussing issues related to the RTI Act.