Mattia Michielan

Bangalore waste

Question

Mattia Michielan

I am a trainee journalist from the Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore.

I need some information for a magazine article I am writing about the waste management in the green city. I want to confront India waste management system with the one adopted by European, American and the rest of Asia.

I would like to know how many tons of trash the city produce daily. In this how much are organic waste and how much is plastic.

How the waste is disposed? Is it dumped in waste-lands or incinerated? Are there some NGOs or private enterprise that are working on recycling this waste?

Thanking for your collaboration,

Mattia

1 answer to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Member

This portal does not provide information but helps members to effectively use RTI Act 2005 and get the information.

If u wish u can file RTI with BMP for information. RTI application (with fee) addressed to Public information Officer of BMP and as per: Karnataka RTI Rules and Fees and Karnataka SIC - RTI Guide

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• ganpat1956
      By ganpat1956
      Bhubaneswar(Mar. 13, 2007): After failing to make the non-government organisations directly accountable to it, Orissa Government has brought the NGOs operating in the State under the purview of the Right to Information Act in order to make them answerable to the people at large.

In a press note released to the media on Monday, the State Government said that it had framed the Right to Information rules prescribing certain procedures, forms and fees for the purpose.

Stating that Section 2 (h) (d) (ii) of the Right to Information Act, 2005 defined an NGO as `public authority' if it is substantially financed directly or indirectly by Central or State Government, the State Government said that as a public authority an Ngo was required to disclose on its own the information pertaining to the organisation for information of the general public, as required under Section 4 of the Act.

The government announcement comes close on the heels of NGOs seeking information on implementation of various government programmes through the Information Commission set up under the RTI Act. There has been a spurt in the number of applications seeking information under the provisions of the RTI Act in the recent months.

The press note issued by the Planning and Coordination Department said that the NGOs as public authority has to designate a Public Information Officer, Assistant Information Officer and an Appellate Authority.
      Although a majority of NGOs were likely to oppose the government announcement, an NGO activist welcomed the official move. `When NGOs were trying to make the government accountable to the public, the NGOs utilising public money either through donations or grant should also be accountable to the people.'

A senior NGO activist running the affairs of a leading Bhubaneswar-based voluntary organisation was, however, critical of the government action. `While making this announcement that NGOs should designate officers for discharging duties under the provision of the RTI Act, the government should also make the corporate houses running charitable organisations accountable to the public,' she said.

`The NGOs will be badly hit while making budgetary provisions for the officials designated as Public Information Officer, Assistant Public Information Officer and Appellate Authority. The government should clarify the position in this regard,' she said.

KalingaTimes.com : Orissa NGOs brought under RTI Act#
    • Putti
      By Putti
      Bangalore Times .. Bangalore ..
      : Did you know that non-governmental organisations funded by the state government do not come under the purview of URight to Information Act?
      This, when the Central Act emphasis that NGOs come under The RTI Acts ambit.

: This discovery was made by an activist with KRIA-Katta, a group which uses RTI to look into various civic issues.

: Talking about this : in Banglaore : Kumar said like this " I got the idea through a case involving Mahila Sahayavani. There were some things that bothered me about the case & i decided to explore furthur " .
      -> In reply to Kumar's petition, the KArnataka Information Commission replied that it does not have any specific criteria regarding accessing of information from NGOs funded by the government. It also doesn't have a list of organisations which are substantially funded by the government.

According to Section 2H of the Central Right to Information Act 2005, NGOs substantially financed by the government come under the puvoew of RTI act.

: Advocate Ravivarma Kumar : " There is an obviously a Lacuna.the Central act overirdes the state act. Since the central act specifies that NGOs substantially funded by the govt..come under its purview, the inforamtion commission should have had criteria set."

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy