Jump to content
  • 0

Where to submit application?





I stay in Hyderabad. Next to my apartment, a function hall has been constructed. Residents of my apartment are unable to bear the noise that comes out of the events held daily in the function hall. I believe, there is a rule that commercial complexes cannot be constructed next to residential complexes. I would like to know the exact details of this rule. And if such a rule exists, I would also like to know the government personnel who gave permission to the function hall inspite of the rule. Please advise me on whom do I approach to get the above information.


Many Thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You should file RTI application with PIO of Municipal Corporation seeking copies of construction permission and all papers relevant to such permission. You can verify if NOC of residents of your building was obtained by Municipal Corp before granting construction permission. If NOC is not obtained, you can lodge complaint on this point also.


For noise problem, you can first jointly with other residents of your locality and building [more the merrier] lodge a detailed complaint with Municipal Commissioner and also Police Commissioner. Normally they do not take action. After one month file RTI application with PIOs of these two offices by referring:



A.P. RTI RULES - Guide


Long pending? :



Make effective:



First and third link above can be used for sucking papers of building from PIO of Municipal Corp.


You can visit website of Municipal Corp for rules of granting permission to commercial entities or you can get copy of updated rules by including its request in RTI application for papers of building.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

dear phoenix_78

I have similar problem please let me know about your success


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You may file the following RTI application with the PIO, Municipal Corporation of your City:

The Public Information Officer,

Municipal Corporation, ______


Subject: Information under Right to Information Act, 2005.




Following information is sought under The Right to Information Act, 2005 regarding the ______________Marriage palace which is situeated at _____________


Please provide the relevant documents showing the property number of the above said Marriage palace.


Please provide the relevant documents showing the map number of the above said Marriage palace.

Please provide the certified copy of the approved map of the above said Marriage palace.


Please provide the copies of the notices issued (if any) regarding the violations of building by-laws by the Municipal Corporation, _______ to the above said Marriage palace.

Please provide the compliance/ action taken on the notices issued as asked in Point no. 4.


Please provide the information regarding the House Tax that is being paid against the above said Marriage palace. This information is required since _____________ to till date.


Please provide the certified copy of the Fire Safety Certificate issued by the M.C, ________ to the above said building/ complex.

As per the records of the M.C _______ whether any commercial activity is allowed in the _______ area. If the answer of Sr. no. 8 is yes then please provide the relevant documents on the point.



I’m enclosing herewith a postal order of Rs.10/- as application fee.



Yours truly,






The Hon'ble Supreme Court of India has also passed an order that the loud music is prohibited after 10 pm for details please read the following news item:

Thapar University warned for playing loud music

Patiala DC was also present at the show

As reported by Aman Sood in the The Tribune on dated 27 March 2011

Source : The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Chandigarh Stories


The Patiala police has issued a notice to Thapar University following the gross violation of the Supreme Court orders pertaining to playing of loud music after 10 pm in a private function organised by the university.


The Deputy Commissioner of Patiala was also present at the occasion. Punjabi singer Gurdas Mann enthralled the audience at the show.


The show was held under the name of ‘Saturnalia’, an annual fest organised by the university every year, which includes entertainment shows and night parties. Private security persons and bouncers created problems for the guests and also misbehaved with female students last night.


According to officials, the show was granted permission from 6 pm till 10 pm by the Patiala administration, but as the show started late it was only after 11.30 pm that it ended. Following the violation of the Supreme Court orders, the SHO, Civil Lines, issued a notice to the organisers of the show.


In his earlier orders, issued a month back, the Patiala DC had prohibited use of loudspeakers after 10 pm in the city. Following these orders, the police had registered a few cases against violators. However, last night the cops, instead of registering an FIR, issued a warning.


Patiala DC Dipinder Singh, who attended the function, said special permission was granted till 11.30 pm as the show was held by the students of the university. “However, I was there and once in a while if such a function happens, then this is not a big issue,” he added.


Meanwhile, SHO, Civil Lines, GS Sikand said since the show went on to play loud music after the allotted hours, he had issued a warning notice to the Thapar University authorities. “We would press for legal action if they continue to violate the orders in the coming days of their fest,” Sikand told the TNS.


When contacted, Dr Seema Bawa, dean (student affairs), Thapar University, said though the last function was late, they would take care in future. “We would start all our functions well ahead of time from now on,” she assured. Earlier, Gurdas Mann enthralled the audience with his peppy numbers, including “challa” and “jogiya”.

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]


[TD]I was there and once in a while if such a function happens, then this is not a big issue

Dipinder Singh, Deputy Commissioner, Patiala




  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • sankaran
      By sankaran
      How do i tackle noise pollution which is making us virtually deaf. Is it sufficient if we book a nuisance case with the loacal police or a do i petition the pollution board(grievance cell). The places are tamil nadu : Tiruvallur district near manavala nagar ondikuppam area near shiv mandir pin 602001) & in maharashtra dombivli west pin 421202 (during ganesh chaturti & navratri the noise pollution is at its peak and in tiruvallur(t.nadu) it isa daily affair and now the 10th and 12th standard exams are going on, the students will definitely suffer due to election campaigning(noise pollution will be at its peak.what are the decibels to maintained.
    • Manoj Godara
      By Manoj Godara
      I gave 100 application to police station about nuisance created by loudspeaker in Gurudwara. Police came many times but the loudspeaker is still creating lot of noise each day in the morning. I also submitted the photocopy of the orders given by the supreme court to the police station. But police still not able to remove the loudspeaker.
      Please tell me what kind of RTI and to whome i should use.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy