dgkinpgimer

Renewal of passport from a new place while retaining the old address

Question

dgkinpgimer

I am a doctor currently working in Chandigarh. My passport was made 10yrs back in Kerala and it is not machine readable. My pp expires in dec 2011. I need to renew my passport and make it machine readable and to add my spouse's name to it prior to applying for a us visa around feb end 2011. My queries regarding this are:

(1) Can I do these from Chandigarh where i work now, without having to go in person to kerala, but still retain my permanent address in Kerala, on the passport?

(2) Can I get it done under tatkal scheme from Chandigarh without going to kerala?

(3) What additional documents are needed to get it done by tatkal scheme?

(4) Can submit an online application for these, under the above mentioned circumstances?

Eagerly awaiting an early reply to these queries;

Thanyou

1 answer to this question

karira

This portal is only meant for discussing issues related to the RTI Act.

You can try Big Helpers

Thread Closed