News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
ssn

RTI helped our Housing Society

ssn

We did it!! with the help of RTI, we have been able to get the photocopies of the entire documentation exchanged between our builder and the BMC. Till now we felt at the mercy of the builder and BMC ofcourse was a law unto itself - not now. we feel so much more empowered. Earlier applications for the same documents to the BMC in the past years drew a blank, but on the 2nd of April, exactly 2 mths to the date of application under RTI, 2005, we got what we wanted. May the Act live well and long into the future of our country. And all of you too!

• Like 3

ganpat1956

That is good show ssn. With this taste of success, you and other members of your society will be now in a better position to spread the word about the benefits of RTI among the common people. Congratulations to you all and good luck.

• Like 2

maneesh

Congratulations SSN,

This is great NEWS,

How about writing a success story with all facts and development in case study format. This will help our other community members to use effective and judicious use of RTI.

• Like 1

ksglobalintel

Hi

Greetings and Good Day

Please send me the addresses of the PIO of Registrar and Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Housing Societies

karira

ssn,

Congratulations ! Now, please also encourage others you know, to use the RTI Act effectively.

rejimonck

RTI also helped me a lot in fighting corruption in our society in New Delhi.

The society mainly managed by retired politicians including ex-cabinet minster and Ex-MPs. Finally the RCS is moving action on cease of managment and even recovery from them.

Regards,

Rejimon

Together we can & we will change INDIA to a Transparent and Accuntable place.

vashisthvivek

Congratulations ssn & rejimonck.

The success will definitely encourage you and other people.

Have a nice time ahead.

ssn

thanks for the encouragement. I am in Bangalore now on vacation, yesterday at a friends discussion, when I brought up our success story with the RTI, it was met with a lot of cynicism and disbelief. We were discussing the corruption in the development of the city with regard to building and housing construction. RTI is not very well known or invoked here I think

sikdar

Dear SSN Congratulations! There are many who would want to know what happens between the builder and the municipal bodies. Residents of my building complex also want to do the same. Can you please provide us a draft of how you framed your RTI application to BMC? Thanks and regards

shan

Congrats SSN

Ur success spells the word in CAPITAL LETTERS. I would request you to highlight ur case in the forum.

I too am a member of a housing society formed in 1991 at Ghaziabad. Even after paying the full amount , I am yet to know the status of my allotment. The builder in connivance of the office bearer & of course the officials involved have created so much of a chaos , that I do not know who to approach. And I am not the only one. There are 32 fully paid members. The builder has added proxy members to dominate the show.

I would appreciate if you or anyone reading this thread could guide me , how to use RTI effectively to gather information & gain my possession.

Once again congrats & CHEERS>

Shan

opsharma

well done SSN and am sincerely hoping that after your return from Bangalore,you will certainly spare some time to write success story of your case as suggested by Maneesh at post 3 above.This will certainly assist many people trying to seek info from their socities/builders. Thanks and congratulations once again.wishing you many more successes.

april

Hi,

Its very good to know that you got a solution to your problem using the RTI act. Congratulations!!

Could you tell me how to use the RTI act to enquire about the status of my ration card application? I had applied for the card a year ago in chennai.

nile0611

You were very lucky to get your records. In deed it is very good news, but usually when ever I have gone to bldg dept. of BMC they give reply as the information does not fall under purview of RTI.

Then I asked for the file inspection, and took photo copy of entire file along with approved plan duly certified by BMC official.

Then I found that the ground construction is not matching with approve plan.

e.g. 1) on plan it is electric meter room but the builder has converted it in to shop and sold it out.

2) on plan it is society room but the builder has converted it in to room and sold it out.

3) on plan it is single shop but the builder has constructed wall in between and sold to two different people.

opsharma

Shan, please post you total case/problem in details at RTI query under Support in Forum section.there are many wise and highly experienced men in our community,who will be more than happy to help you out through RTI route.

Thanks

sikdar

I raised an RTI query with the local MC regarding all permissions that our builder had sought with the MC. The draft of my letter was general so the engineer incharge at the MC called me to ask what I exactly wanted. I told him possibly everything that transpired between the builder and the MC.

Few days later I got a letter from the MC giving me a total estimate of photocopying each and every document or correspondence between the builder and MC and that additionally I would have to pay Rs.40 for consulting the documents.

Of course, since the pile was huge (Total photocopying cost around INR14,000) the whole stuff could not be sent by speed post. I was to collect it personally from the MC.

Interestingly, after the engineer's call from the MC I got a call from the builder why I wanted the docs. I told them that I wanted know the truth behind the builder's claims that the project was delayed due to MC clearances. The good thing is that due to this the builder attended to some of my long pending issues immediately!

My advice: Filing an RTI is simple, so go ahead if you have to check on your builder - at least the mere action of an RTI pushes them into action.

opsharma

Sikdar congrats.If you go through the above posts,I had requested SSN to post his housing society related success story with complete details, for the benefit of many members awaiting to learn and gain from such experiences.

Will you please be kind enough to post complete details of your case eg:what was the problem,how did you approach it,your RTI application contents,whom did you address it to, who were the people involved resisting your efforts ,how did it progress and finally verdict; and all other problems you faced and your successfully handling of those problems.

Thanks a lot ,and once again very well done .

Regeena

Dear SSN Congratulations! There are many who would want to know what happens between the builder and the municipal bodies. Residents of my building complex also want to do the same. Can you please provide us a draft of how you framed your RTI application to BMC? Please send me the addresses of the PIO of Registrar and Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Housing Societies

Thanks and regards.

Regeena

• Like 1

Guest ashish.tiwari

nile0611, I'm from Mumbai and my building is also going through redevelopment. Could you please post your RTI application here. I need to know lot of things. I've already posted in another thread but no luck.

Regeena

I raised an RTI query with the local MC regarding all permissions that our builder had sought with the MC. The draft of my letter was general so the engineer incharge at the MC called me to ask what I exactly wanted. I told him possibly everything that transpired between the builder and the MC.

Few days later I got a letter from the MC giving me a total estimate of photocopying each and every document or correspondence between the builder and MC and that additionally I would have to pay Rs.40 for consulting the documents.

Of course, since the pile was huge (Total photocopying cost around INR14,000) the whole stuff could not be sent by speed post. I was to collect it personally from the MC.

Interestingly, after the engineer's call from the MC I got a call from the builder why I wanted the docs. I told them that I wanted know the truth behind the builder's claims that the project was delayed due to MC clearances. The good thing is that due to this the builder attended to some of my long pending issues immediately!

My advice: Filing an RTI is simple, so go ahead if you have to check on your builder - at least the mere action of an RTI pushes them into action.

Regeena

Dear,

Thank you for your reply. I would ask you should we send the letter through email or post or go to muncipality and meet the particular authority? Please reply.