25 members have voted

1. 1. Your experience with RTI

• Quick
    • Good but takes time
    • No help at all

Question

voramn

Hello,

We have applied for a new ration card on 28th April 2010 at Kandivali (W), Mumbai. Even after several visit to office and reminder to inspector, our application is not moving anywhere. I have registered a complaint on RTI - CIC online portal on 10 Jan 2011. The status of this complaint states "Signed Copy Awaited". Wanted to know if I have to submit any physical form or online application is enough. If I have to submit a form in hard copy, may I ask for the informaation regarding concerned officer and office address please? Thanks for all your help.

2 answers to this question

karira

RTI is only for seeking "information" as defined in Sec 2(f) of the RTI Act.

Read the RTI Act here: Right to Information Act 2005

You cannot use the RTI Act to complain to CIC about the non receipt of your ration card.

That option you used is only for lodging Complaints to the CIC under Sec 18 of the RTI Act. It will not bring you any results.

If you have submitted written reminders to the Ration office, then you can file a RTI application with the PIO of the department, as described here: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

The details of the PIO are available here: http://maharashtra.gov.in/english/food/index.php

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for Maharashtra.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.