Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed

PF withdrawa - legal action against ex employer

Recommended Posts


Hi RTIians,


Thanks to this site, I got information from PF Bandra (Mumbai) office about my PF status when my ex-employer's "PF consultant" who is good for nothing,could not get my PF processed.


I will explain the case in a nutshell.

I worked in my previous organisation for nearly 3 years and resigned in Oct'09 after which I applied for PF withdrawal in Feb'10.


However, to my utter shock, I was told I have already been made the payment when I did not get a penny of my PF.


What actually happened was there was some other guy by the same name and he has been transferred my PF amount, to his bank account I mean.


Now all this I got to know, through filing RTI with PF office (that some other guy by the same name and the rest).

All along, my ex-employer was bluffing they got my PF paid to me till I exposed with RTI revelations.


So far so good.

Now, my ex exmployer is saying they will give my PF amount only when that other guy (with my name) get his PF and this will take 2-3 months.

And I told them I want penal interest for last months (assuming PF process to be completed in 2 months which I started in Feb'09).

What sort of legal action can I take against this negligence of my ex-employer and where I can start that?


Please advise.

Thanks a bunch for your great help.



N.Raja Sekhar.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your success with using RTI !


The second part of your post / query is beyond the scope of this forum since this portal focuses only on the RTI Act 2005.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanjay Kumar Sinha

It is not possible to deposit PF amount in others account as every body gets a unique A/C No from PF office who ever deposit their money there. It is similar to bank A/C.


If employer is depositing money on behalf of employee then they link this account no with employee no of the company where he is working for easy process. Since companies can have lots of employees on same name they generally refer employee by their employee no. In this case if you were getting your salary without any discrepancy, then their should not be any problem in PF A/C also.


In case thier is any discrepancy in your salary also then you can ask for your PF A/C No from your HR department and check with PF office.


You are eligible to get PF amount contributed by you as well as contributed by you employer during your service period and interst on whole amount till date

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy