rmanu_nitc

"query need not be answered"

Question

rmanu_nitc

Hi,

I made a submission addressed to a higher authority, through proper channel.

Suspecting that it was not forwarded by the head of my institution, I requested under RTI "whether my submission dated .... was forwarded to ....?"

The PIO of my institution replied after 35 days that "query need not be answered"

Is there a provision in RTI which empowers the PIO not to answer this type of a query?

For more details, I have attached the scanned pdf of the PIO's reply.

Thank you,

Manu

Scan_Doc0011.pdf

2 answers to this question

m_deka

Questionary RTI application generally refused, there are many HC & CIC contradictory judgement, instead of asking question you may please seek action taken report of your submission.

• Like 1

dr.s.malhotra

the PIO is wrong in refusing the request .

There is a clear distinction between interrogatory queries and mere queries starting with why , when etc.

Only those queries can be refused which are plainly interrogatory - like why you did not do it , why did not you send it earlier etc.

the query put by rmanu is a query on the matter of facts - where answer can be yes or No.

"whether my submission dated .... was forwarded to ....?"
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• momita
      By momita
      BIJNOR: As many as 20 senior state officials were slapped with a fine of 25,000 each by state information commissioner (SIC) Hafiz Usman after they were found delaying replies to RTIqueries by applicants in different state departments. 
      The erring officials including public information officer of UP State Ganga River Conservation Agency, Lucknow, district magistrates of Saharanpur and Sambhal, chief medical officer of Saharanpur, BSA of Sambhal, district panchayat raj officer of Amroha, district programme officer of Sambhal, district supply officer of Saharanpur, deputy registrar of Vilaspur in Rampur, BSA of Amroha, chief medical officer of BD Baajoriya Hospital of Saharanpur, CMO of Rampur, DIOS of Sambhal, executive engineer at PVVNL, Khatauli of Muzaffarnagar and Najibabad of Bijnor district, Block development officer of Deengarpur in Moradabad, BDO Nahtaur and Afjalgarh of Bijnor district, BDO Gangoh in Saharanpur and village secretary of Jaleelpur area in Bijnor district, have been slapped with the fine.

According to sources, the fine has come as a surprise to the officials concerned.
      By Guest
      The RTI containing questions as why, how and what and the refusal of the PIO in that.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy