News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
kamall

Complaint against State Bank of India related to equity share

Question

kamall

My father bought equity share of State Bank of India during 1994. At that time State Bank of India send physical share certificate with only single name as "Name(s) of Holder(s)" i.e my fathers name.

My father has passed away on April 2010. Before that my father gave me that share certificate of SBI (State Bank of India).

After my father's death when I sent application to know procedure to change holder name to my name to Financial Service Agent , Datamatics Financial Services Ltd., Mumbai. Then Datamatics Financial Services Ltd. informed me that share is alloted jointly with other person. and due to typographical error, during IPO, another name has not been printed on the original certificate.

IPO was distributed during 1994, but form 1994 to 2010 all communication from SBI was done only by MY FATHER'S NAME even on the dividend cheque.

Each and every official documents shows that MY FATHER is the sole authority of that SBI Share.

Now I want photocopy of physical records related to IPO and share allotment and other physical documents exist related to that share. And also want photocopy of physical document where signature and address of share holder(s) are present.

Can any body advice me

1. how can I apply for the above under RTI Act.?

2. What will be the application format?

3. Name and address of THE CENTRAL PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER to whom I will send this application.

Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

karira

You can file a RTI Application with the PIO of SBI.

Details of PIO are available here: STATE BANK OF INDIA :: INDIA's LARGEST BANK

Just select the correct one in the corporate office.

Make sure that you attach some kind of legal heir certificate with the RTI Application and also your fathers death certificate. This will ensure that the PIO does not reject the request for information under various sub clauses of Sec 8.

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

Also read the links on the home page: All about RTI links

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

You can also read the RTI Act here: Right to Information Act 2005

kamall

Thanks karira

But you have mentioned about "legal heir certificate". What would be the legal heir certificate in this case? Can you please explain in detail.

one more thing I want to know should I need to attach only photocopy of death certificate or photocopy of death certificate attested by notary public?

Thanks in advance

jps50

Legal heir certificate is issued by Mamlatdar/tahasildar office stating that Mr. X,Y,Z etc are heirs of Mr ABC. This is time consuming and cumbersome.

I would suggest that you file RTI application and in it make a note:

1. I am son of Mr. _______ who expired on ______ [copy of death certificate attached] 2. I am enclosing my ID proof of my full name showing name of deceased as my father. 3. photocopy of share certificate is enclosed. 4 . I humbly invite your kind reference to decisions No.CIC/SM/A/2009/000419

dated 15-02-2010 and CIC/SM/A/2009/000187 dated 15-12-2009, where in Central Information Commission has permitted release of information of accounts to heirs of deceased account holders.

You may refer following links:

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Central Govt application:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

You can file RTI application with any branch of SBI as all branch heads are ACPIO under RTI Act. You can pay Rs.10 in cash as filing fee, by amending clause 4 in format to state "Filing fee of Rs.10 is paid in cash herewith."

Please seek certified photocopies of IPO application form etc.

This type of transfer of share of deceased is termed as Transmission of Shares. Please visit website of SEBI and search for it.

If application form for IPO is in joint names, then you cannot take advantage of genuine mistake of bank. In that case share will stand in the name of second person if he is alive. Heirs of deceased share holder will be joint owner with surviving second share holder after completion of formalities of transmission.

For guidance please also visit my post No. 3 at http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/66584-help-me-help-sombody.html

jps50

You can address RTI application to:

Central Public Information Officer &

The General Manager (OL & CS)

State Bank of India

Corporate Centre

State Bank Bhawan, 9th Floor, Madam Cama Road,Mumbai – 400 021

and deliver at any branch of SBI. Branch head will forward to appropriate CPIO within maximum 5 days. Please obtain acknowledgement of branch head on photocopy of RTI application with date and seal.