harshitaK

Change of name after marriage

Question

harshitaK

Sir,

I have changed my full name post marriage, for which I have got my passport, voter's ID card and driving license in new name. I have also got my name changed in the gazette of India. I am pursuing Masters in Computer Application.

When I applied for a change in name in my degree course that I am pursuing, the university officials replied that my degree will be issued in my old name in which I have the 10th passing and 12th passing certificate. If I don't get my new degrees in my new name then I will face challenges in securing a job.

I have submitted all my documents copies in support of change of name.

Please suggest what should I do ?

1 answer to this question

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• pkmishra
      By pkmishra
      My wife was known as "KM. GARIMA / Garima Pandey / Garima" before my-marriage & some of her educational-certificates reflect km. garima, some garima pandey & some reflect GARIMA. BUT; from now onwards, i want her name in all the future educational certificates as GARIMA PANDEY MISHRA (i.e., her post-marriage name) is it possible ?
      [I have updated her-name in her aadhaar-card also.]
      Iam asking this question because, recently i visited a government college for her admission in a POST GRADUATE DEGREE course & the college officials were insisting that i should fill her name as per her 10th-marksheet and continue the same. 
      First of all, am i insisting on something wrong ? 
      if not; then should i file an RTI seeking information that - "why can't i use my spouse after-marriage name, to be mentioned in all the future educational documents/certificates" 
      OR; should i file an RTI seeking information that - "what i need to do to use my spouse after-marriage name, to be mentioned in all the future educational documents/certificates" 
      KINDLY GUIDE/SUGGEST ME some more alternatives, regarding this issue. 
      THANK-YOU.
    • jngautam
      By jngautam
      My current name is Jagar Nath Gautam. I want to change my name. I am 22 years old, a student of Delhi University final year. apart from it, i m working with LIC of india as an insurance agent. I do hold a pan card.
      How can i change my name?
      Can I change my name in all the above?
      What about name in my further education i.e. in PG etc. will they accept my new name or i will have to continue with the old one???

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy