- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
CIC tells Govt to give names of officers violating Forest Act
As Reported in Zee News (Bureau Report)
New Delhi, July 16: The Central Information Commission (CIC) has directed the Ministry of Environment and Forests to reveal names of officers who have allegedly violated the Forest Conservation Act, saying there was visible public interest in it.
"We concur entirely that there is clear, overriding and visible public interest involved in the information sought," Chief Information Commissioner Wajahat Habibullah said while hearing the matter through video conferencing.
Habibullah directed the ministry to withdraw any circular - that states that the information that has to be arranged in a proper sequence - should not be provided.
The petitioner, Mohanty, filed a plea before the Commission under the Right to Information Act after the Ministry failed to provide the information.
He said that the sought information would reveal if the public authority having duty to protect environment and forest wealth is enquiring into complaints and booking cases against offenders or not.
The respondent told the CIC that since the information was not held in the form in which it was sought, it cannot be provided under the general instructions from his ministry.
After hearing both the sides, Habibullah directed the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) to disclose information to Mohanty within 20 days.
Zee News - violating Forest Act CIC
May I know latest status of refund/maturity payment of Golden Forest India Limited for which claims were file about 4 years back ?
Also, how do I confirm the registration of my claim with the committee - Headed by Mr Agarwala. We have no proof about receipt of Claim by the committee.
Pl help on the above matters.
Thanks & regards.