Jump to content
  • 0

Ministry of Home Affairs - Mode of fee payment



I am Prasad from Melbourne, Australia.


It is good to see that RTI is getting spreading its wings and becoming stronger.


It definitely helps curbing misuse of public funds (Tax payer's money).


My brother back in India wants to file an RTI application to Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi, for some information on Pension for freedom fighter.


When I checked on the MHA website there is no info as to in whose favour the Demand Draft, for paying application fee Rs 10, is to be taken.


And when I called just now, MHA, New Delhi, some lady answered the call said it should be in the name of CPIO. I am really doubtful about this.


Can some one please throw some light on whose favourt the draft should be taken.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Dear prasad,


DD should be payable to the "ACCOUNTS OFFICER" of the Public Authority as per the Rules



Apart from DD you have two more choices which I am listing below.

  1. Use Indian Postal Order (IPO) and leave the Payee portion blank.
  2. Go to a designated Post office deposit cash at the counter get an UCR and hand over your RTI Application over the counter. The Post office will transfer the application on your behalf.

Out of the above two choices the second one is the better one as far as this Public Authority(MHA) is concerned.


List of Designated Post Offices that will accept your RTI Application.



Have a look at this thread also.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • akanksha.chopra
      By akanksha.chopra
      In this forum and in other forum, I have read that an additional time of 5 days has to be given if queries are sent by mail. Which rule of RTI specifies this?
      Second, I have also read here that Court Fee Stamps are accepted as fees only for queries to State Governments and not Central Governments. Is this really true? Why this difference?

    • Meenu Khurana
      By Meenu Khurana
      Please provide me list in which states in India wherein court fee is applicable as RTI fee under RTI Act, 2005


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy