nvslprasad

Ministry of Home Affairs - Mode of fee payment

Question

nvslprasad

I am Prasad from Melbourne, Australia.

It is good to see that RTI is getting spreading its wings and becoming stronger.

It definitely helps curbing misuse of public funds (Tax payer's money).

My brother back in India wants to file an RTI application to Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi, for some information on Pension for freedom fighter.

When I checked on the MHA website there is no info as to in whose favour the Demand Draft, for paying application fee Rs 10, is to be taken.

And when I called just now, MHA, New Delhi, some lady answered the call said it should be in the name of CPIO. I am really doubtful about this.

Can some one please throw some light on whose favourt the draft should be taken.

Thanks.

Prasad

1 answer to this question

sidmis

Dear prasad,

DD should be payable to the "ACCOUNTS OFFICER" of the Public Authority as per the Rules

Apart from DD you have two more choices which I am listing below.

1. Use Indian Postal Order (IPO) and leave the Payee portion blank.
  2. Go to a designated Post office deposit cash at the counter get an UCR and hand over your RTI Application over the counter. The Post office will transfer the application on your behalf.

Out of the above two choices the second one is the better one as far as this Public Authority(MHA) is concerned.

List of Designated Post Offices that will accept your RTI Application.

http://www.indiapost.gov.in/rtimanual16.html

Have a look at this thread also.

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1653-there-provision-post-offices-collect-right-information-applications-send-cpios.html