News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
princeajit4u

Got procedure for obtaining disability certificate from railways - after RTI

princeajit4u

My friend has 30% disability and he has disability certificate from Government Physician. When he went to avail Discount under Railway act for Disabled the railway official asked him take another certificate from Railway to avail concession from ticket charges.

I want to file RTI to Railway to provide me information that whether my friend actually needs another disability certificate from Railway to avail concession and if yes whom and where he can approach and what is the process to get disability concession certificate from Railway.

Please help me to file RTI to Railway for this matter and framing questions for this. I can attach his disability certificate also along with my application.

Thanks,

Ajit

rajyadav017

dear prince

Write to the PIO of concerned raiway zone and ask them the procedure to avail the disability benifits,

parsar

You can make an application to PIO of railways and you can query like :-

(1). A copy of rules to avail the concession for disabled persons for Rail travel.

(2). From whom the diability certificate to be produced and the relevant copy of the rules framed by the railways be furnished.

karira

The list of Railway PIOs is available here: :: RTI - Ministry of Railways ::

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

princeajit4u

Thanks for help by everyone. I got suffucient response from Railway for my query. This is closed case now. Please move it success stories.

karira
Thanks for help by everyone. I got suffucient response from Railway for my query. This is closed case now. Please move it success stories.

Can you please share with the other members of the portal as to what was the response from the Railways and how you achieved success ?

princeajit4u

In response to my RTI I got contact detail of Physician to contact to get Disability certificate to be used for Riailway and also got the form to apply for this certificate attached with the letter of response.

karira

Moved to "Success Stories" section and changed title of the thread.

Disabilityisnocurse

This can not be success story. A s you quoted that your friend has a disability of 30% so he is NOT entitled for a disability certificate. Large number of cases are seen where people get disability certificate in fraudulent way and the deserving people are marginalized further. If the physician has erred here by issuing a certificate on mere 30% than he should be sacked. These fraudulent certificates further mar the rights of PwDs.

Prasad GLN

Railways have a prescribed format, and it should be signed by any doctor not below rank of Asst. Civil Surgeon.