News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
praveenkat

IT Returns claimed - Cheque sent was rejected - ReApplication ?

praveenkat

Hi Friends,

If anyone of you know this query, Request you to post me.

I applied for IT returns FY 2004-2005, I got it in 2006.

Cheque was sent to my PAN card registered address.

Dropped this cheque into ICICI bank for encashing, but was rejected( for not signig on it by me)

And I made a written application enclosing PAN copy, rejected original cheque, in Mar-2006.

I did not get any response from IT Dept. till now.

Will I get the cheque/cash back (IT Returns) ?

Is there any quick procedure for claiming it back ?

Any suggestion ?

Regards

Praveen

ambrish.p

Welcome Mr. Praveen

Please see the blog/s of JPS 50 Sir:Just go thru it and add queries related to that cheque in application.

1)http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/64-how-file-rti-application-delay-passport.html

2)http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

possibly it will solve all your queries. Revert back If still any doubt, members will guide you.

regards

praveenkat

My PAN # AKNPK1655L

FY2004 to 2005

ambrish.p

Your assessing officer IS the CPIO.

It is the same assessing officer with whom you filed your IT return, for which the refund is due to you.

Details of CPIO & APIO:

Office-Commissioner of Income-tax-II, Hyderabad

Assistant Public Information Officer (APIO)-Addl./Jt. Commissioner of Income-tax, Karimnagar

Central Public Information Officer (CPIO)-Commissioner of Income-tax-II, Hyderabad

Appellate Authority in Respect of CPIO-Chief Commissioner of Income-tax-II, Hyderabad.

you can see it here (S. No. 17):http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/CCIT/Andhra%20Pradesh/CPIO_hyderabad2311200795058.doc

Fee: Rs 10/ you can pay by DD, BC and IPO . You can address it to "Accounts Officer".

Plz see this thread too: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/6668-income-tax-refund-where-apply.html

and find sample RTI application as attachment in the same

Revert back If still any doubt, members will guide you.

regards

praveenkat

Thankyou very much, ambrish.p!! for the reply.

Just a clarification.

Address change requested, in between:

When I got my cheque, It was sent to an address regisered for PAN.

ReApplication was made along with the bounced cheque/rejected cheque with old PAN registered AO.

Later, I changed the PAN registered address to my home town.

Will this make any difference ?

praveenkat

I received an Income Tax returns cheque in Mar-2006

and when I dropped it for encashing the same, It was rejected for claimant signature requirement.

I wrote a request letter to IT regional office - hyd explaining the details and explanation for re-sending the returns cheque, again in Aug-2006.

I followed up the IT office few times, but tired of making rounds to the same.

Can anybody help me as how I can get my either returns cheque or get it credited to my account ?

Of course, This IT returns were filed for Apr-2004 to Mar-2005 FY.

Regards

Praveen

PAN#IIIIIIIIIIIII

sandeepbaheti

You may file RTI application to know the progress on your refund application. Please go through the 'All About RTI' links in the homepage. A sample application is also available there.

You may also be interested in the following threads:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/13673-income-tax-refund-two-weeks.html

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/9426-refund-received-within-1-month.html

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/14231-income-tax-refund.html

jps50

U should have signed [claimant] and relodged with the bank for encashment. However, since U have returned the refund order to the IT Dept, U can now file RTI appln with the CPIO of your IT ward by refering to following links. Your assessing officer is himself CPIO for your IT ward :

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

praveenkat

Thank you for your response !!

I downloaded the RI Application from the site and and filled the required info.

Request anybody to provide me the details how I need to upload the same to RTI site ?

or

Request anybody to provide me the address where I need to send them ?

Regards

Praveen

ambrish.p

Praveen ji

The IT department has designated ALL assessing officers (ITO/AC) as CPIO's.Your assessing officer (ITO or AC) of your ward/circle is the CPIO.

AND

How to locate PIO:

HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - RTI Guide

regards

praveenkat

Dear Sir/Sirs,

I sent an RTI application to CPIO, IT, Hyd (Of course, to correct address)

on 24-Feb-2009 by speed post. (As per the guidelines from our RTI portal)

Any idea, How long I may have to wait ?

Regards

Praveen

karira

1. Track the delivery status on the indiapost website and keep a printout with you as proof of delivery to CPIO.

2. You need to wait for 30 days (add another 5 to 7 days) for postal delay) for the CPIO's reply.

ganpat1956

Two different threads on the same subject by the same member merged into one.

praveenkat

Dear Sir,

1 sent 2 RTI applications (one to HPCL for LPG cylinder for which I got

a satisfactory answer and 2nd to CPIO,Income Tax for which I yet to receive the answer or refund, It is already 37 days from then 24-Feb-2009).

Request you to advise me, May I go ahead for FIRST APPEAL ?

I sent my RTI application to the following address by speedPost (India Govt)

CENTRAL PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER

Range - 2, Ward-12,

Near BurugulaRamakrishnaBhavan,

Income Tax Office,

Hyderabad, AP

Regards

Praveen

karira

To find the address of your CPIO, follow some of the steps in the blog whose link is given at the end of this post.

jps50

If you do not get reply within nearly 40 days of mailing RTI appln including two way postal period, U need to file first appeal. Pl visit following links:

FIRST APPEAL GUIDE

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/18-first-appeal-central-govt-guidelines.html

FIRST APPEAL FORMAT:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/17-first-appeal-central-govt-format.html

praveenkat

I could NOT see the last update from RTI portal.

How may I see that ?

Regards

Praveen

praveenkat

I think, It took about 38 days till today (31-Mar-2009) from the date of post 24-Feb-2009 to IT dept for refund.

I tracked the speedPost from the site and came to know that it was delivered.

Whats your advice ?

Regards

Praveen

praveenkat

I received RTI application response after 39 days, But NOT the satisfactory response.

But I already sent First Appeal and sent RTI application again for clarity before receiving this response.

The IT officer wrote a reason that my refund was NOT processed because I did not enclose the original refund order. In contrary, I enclosed the original refund order in a letter dated 03-Oct-2006, upon an IT officer on 03-Oct-2006 and also updated that in the list of enclosures of the letter.

1. May I go ahead for First Appeal with this response ?

or

May I go ahead sending an explanation with this response (as sent by IT officer for my RTI application) claiming that I really enclosed the original refund order (In my language, I earlier called it a cheque, instead of refund order that I initially written in the letter dated 03-Oct-2006) ?

or any other alternative ?

or May I request the IT Officer (Assessing Officer) to credit into my bank account (a cancelled cheque of mine or a photocopy of it, may be enough for details) only ?

In the Saral form (Form - 2D), that I filed in FY2004 to 2005 for refunds, Bank details were correctly printed manually, which I cheked it now.

Regards

Praveen

karira

I would suggest, do both:

1. File a First appeal - this will get you the information you sought in the first place and will also enable you to carry the RTI process to its logical conclusion.

2. Write a ordinary letter, to your IT Officer giving the calrification that you had enclosed the cheque/refund order vide letter no....so and so... - this will enable you to get the refund.

There is no harm in carrying on the two processes in parallel.

praveenkat

I would do it.

Regards

Praveen

praveenkat

I posted my explanation for the RTI response letter, today.

Firsly, I am a bit glad that I received RTI application - response from IT dept.

But NOT the correct explanation. In return, I wrote a letter for processing my request with the RTI response, my letter dated: ### and other letters too.

I would be really happy If this really works out.

Regards

Praveen

praveenkat

An IT officer called me on 09-Apr-2009, asking me to meet him personally in hyderabad IT Office for the explanation because I strongly emphasized tha I enclosed the RO (refund order) dated ###.

Is it advisable to meet him personally ? Under RTI, is it OK ?

Kindly advise.

Regards

Praveen

sandeepbaheti

No harm in meeting him but don't get coaxed to withdraw your application at least until you get the refund.