sankaran

Noise pollution

Question

sankaran

How do i tackle noise pollution which is making us virtually deaf. Is it sufficient if we book a nuisance case with the loacal police or a do i petition the pollution board(grievance cell). The places are tamil nadu : Tiruvallur district near manavala nagar ondikuppam area near shiv mandir pin 602001) & in maharashtra dombivli west pin 421202 (during ganesh chaturti & navratri the noise pollution is at its peak and in tiruvallur(t.nadu) it isa daily affair and now the 10th and 12th standard exams are going on, the students will definitely suffer due to election campaigning(noise pollution will be at its peak.what are the decibels to maintained.

10 answers to this question

karira

First it is better to get many other neighbors with you for this campaign.

Then file many complaints (from different persons) to the local Police Station and the TNPCB and MPCB.

The more number of compalints that are filed, the better it is.

Wait for some time (like 1 month) and if nothing happens, file several and separate RTI applications to know the status of the various complaints.

• Like 1

monuttan

file complaints to pollution control boards of respective states also.If there is no action from both Police and board then place an RTI

about the present position of the complaint given.Obtain proper receipt of the complaint.

sankaran
First it is better to get many other neighbors with you for this campaign.

Then file many complaints (from different persons) to the local Police Station and the TNPCB and MPCB.

The more number of compalints that are filed, the better it is.

Wait for some time (like 1 month) and if nothing happens, file several and separate RTI applications to know the status of the various complaints.

We will lodge the complaint with both TNPCB & local police station and subsequently give the feedback.

Thank you

sankaran

sankaran

thanks for the tip. I will give feedback after lodging the complaints according to your advice.

archanajathan

1 of the causes of noise pollution is firecrackers. Stop bursting crackers and advice others too. Raise your voice through Facebook: facebook.com/anticrackerscampaign

sankaran

mr.archanajthan

my noise polution is regarding playing radio & tv at a heavy decibel from almost most of the residences apart from the loudspeakers from the temple. Earlier i was adviced to gather people but i could not suceed as nobody is willing to listen about noise pollution. This place is in tamilnadu tiruvallur(ondikuppam).

when everybody is nude in a certain place i must not think to wear clothes. I have decided to switch over to some place where noise pollution is less. It is no use of educating these people where both educated and illiterates are in the same wavelength regharding this issue. In view of this even if i lodge a complaint people will fight and i will be a loner to reply without any support.

I will be the odd man out.

sankaran

RAVEENA_O

यद्यपि शुधम लोकविरुधम, ना करणीयम् ना चरणीयं

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• karira
      By karira
      As reported by IANS in newkerala.com on 5 August 2008:
      Tamil Nadu pollution control agency has no electronic records @ NewKerala.Com News, India

Tamil Nadu pollution control agency has no electronic records

In the age of rapid computerization, one department of the Tamil Nadu government has publicly admitted it maintains no electronic records, prompting an activist to seek information on its computerization protocol via the right to information (RTI) route.

An RTI application filed by Nityanand Jayaraman of the Corporate Accountability Desk, had asked for certain information from the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB).

As he could not get it, the petitioner again used the RTI Act and demanded that the board display a variety of information on the Internet and in its libraries.

But, the board's member secretary and appellate authority (RTI) R. Ramachandran told the Tamil Nadu Information Commission: "The TNPCB does not maintain any electronic copies of documents such as permits and authorizations issued, or inspection reports and public hearing minutes."

"We use the computers as typewriters. We delete the files after taking printouts," he told the Commission.

The petitioner has now filed yet another application - seeking information on the board's computerization protocol to verify its declaration.

"I hope the board is lying about deleting the files," he said.

"Here's a government agency that is actively de-computerising. If it is speaking the truth, the board's action represent a monumental waste of public resources," said Jayaraman.

The Information Commission has now issued an order to the board to provide up-to-date information such as license to construct and operate issued by it, inspection reports on polluting industries and minutes of environmental public hearings at the library in the board's head office here.

The commission criticised the TNPCB, saying: "The 'obligation' on the part of the public authority has not been fulfilled."

It also directed the board to maintain electronic copies of all its records from the date of its order, and to display these on the Internet.

• Neela Arun
      By Neela Arun
      We are a gated community in the south of Bengalooru close to the Jigani Industrial & Bommasundra industrial estates. Last year we faced Air pollution problems from Biocon who claim to have stopped it by taking the required measures. The residents here find that late evenings & nights there is foul smell leading to watering of eyes & nausea. The smell seems different on different days it used to smelling like sewage some time back but nowadays it smells like burnt rubber. The smell is so severe that our security guards have thrown up bcoz of being directly in the outdoors through the night! Our appeal to the Karnataka Pollution Board has been of no use, they seem to vouch for Biocon even before they checked. Plz help us as to how we could tackle this issue. How do I file a RTI application & to whom? I need to know all info regarding our earlier attempt last year to handle this problem. I also want to know if infact Biocon did invest 10crores as they claimed in a press statement, to stop air pollution then did they get complete tax exemption as per the law.
      Neela Arun

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy