sarohacbe

Water Supply Problem

Question

sarohacbe

Dear Sir,

I am living in K.G. Chavadi, Coimbatore (Tamilnadu), Here drinking water supply once in a month for 2-4 hrs maximum and normal water supply is not in the frequent order and water supply is in the gape of 7-15 days for 2-4 hrs.

The above water supply is not enough for our residential area people and people are forced to buy the water from outside. We are spending Rs.500-1000/- every month for both water purchase.

I want to know the exact water supply schedule for my area.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajkumar Singh Saroha

(Posting of mail ids is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)

6 answers to this question

karira

If your area is under the Municipal Corporation or if you have the supply from Water Board, then you can file a RTI application with the PIO of that office and ask for the water supply timings to your area.

You can also ask for supply timings to other areas near your colony.

The details of the PIO will be available on the website of that public authority.

If it is not available, please call up that office and ask them "Who is the PIO in your office under the RTI Act ? I want to file a RTI Application"

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for Tamil Nadu.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

parsar

Agreed with #2 karira

Ratan Singh

Hi!

I sought some information regarding the Drinking water tank of our village. the water tank was constructed 20 years ago in my village Kanjauli , Block Sadabad- Dist- Mahamayanagar -U.P. I have not received the answer from the concern department. I came to know through the news papers that the water tank was running as per the department and ppl were drawing salaries also.

now the departments has ineciated some inquiry but I am still to receive my answers.

Ratan Singh

karira

If you have not received the reply to your RTI application within the 30 days, then it is called deemed denial of information.

You have to now file first appeal to the first appellate authority within 30 days (or 60 days of the date of your application).

A general first appeal format for deemed denial is available here: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/attachments/ask-rti-query/2057d1272605984-rti-help-regarding-final-settlement-central-govt-employee-general-first-appeal-deemed-refusal-information.doc

You can use it after suitable modifications for your case.

nishanthmathew

I live in malwani village, vrindavan society, malad west, mumbai - 400095 before ganapathi festival we use to receive a good amount of water in our Cottages, now the water has become very low and its hard to survive in such conditions. Please let us know how can we take this forward or we can we write to get this sorted as soon as possible. People in the near by Buildings have 24 hrs water and we dont have any. Can anyone investigate this.. Life is very hard without water ..

karira
I live in malwani village, vrindavan society, malad west, mumbai - 400095 before ganapathi festival we use to receive a good amount of water in our Cottages, now the water has become very low and its hard to survive in such conditions. Please let us know how can we take this forward or we can we write to get this sorted as soon as possible. People in the near by Buildings have 24 hrs water and we dont have any. Can anyone investigate this.. Life is very hard without water ..

Follow the suggestion in post # 2 above.

You will have to follow the RTI Rules and Fees for Maharashtra (instead of Tamil Nadu)