karira

Leave details cannot be denied under Sec 8(1)(e) and (j)

changethechangers

There is a saying in Hindi "Par Updesh Kushal Bahutere". CIC orders that leave details cannot be denied under Sec 8(1)(e)and(j). But the CIC, as a public authority, has denied the same information even without quoting any Section!!

An RTI application was filed with CIC in Feb. this year asking the following information:

1. Please inform me the leave entitlements of the Central Information Commissioners.

2. Please inform me the details of leave availed by each of the Central Information Commissioners during the year 2010.

3. Please provide me certified copy of leave applications and joining reports of each of the Central Information Commissioners in respect of leaves availed by them during the year 2010.

After 30 days, a letter was received from Under Secretary (Admn.) of CIC without giving any reference to the RTI application (rather giving reference to a letter of CPIO, regarding which applicant was not aware) enclosing therewith information with regard to point no. 1. Regarding point no. 2 and 3, it was mentioned that the same can be had from the concerned Registries.

After another 15 days time, another letter has been received from the CPIO, again without giving reference to the rti application. The letter reads as under:

"Please refer to our letter of even no. dated 8.3.2011. Information on point no. 2 & 3 is as under:

2. Smt. Deepak Sandhu, Hon'ble Information Commissioner availed 8 CL, 1 RH and 42 days Ex-India leave during 2010.

Shri Shailesh Gandhi, Hon'ble Information Commissioner availed 18 leave during 2010.

Ms. Annapurna Dixit, hon'ble Information Commissioner availed 5 days during 2010.

No information has been made available by other registries as the information is not maintained by them.

3. Copies of the leave application received from the registries of IC(DS) & IC(AD) are enclosed."

SO EVERYBODY PLEASE SEE HOW TRANSPARENT IS THE TOP TRANSPARENCY WATCHDOG OF THE COUNTRY.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Atul Patankar
      By Atul Patankar
      As reported at www.indopia.in on 2 March 2009

New Delhi, Mar 2 (PTI) Leaves availed during the service period are not personal and private matter of the employee and should be disclosed under the RTI Act, the CIC has held.
      "Leave taken by an employee from a public authority is a matter of exercise of the discretion vested in the public authority to grant such leave. There can be no bar on the disclosure of an information which is about how the public authority exercises its powers to grant leave to its employee,"the CIC said in its ruling.

Information Commissioner A N Tiwari was hearing the plea of one Raj Kumar who sought information about the leave account of an employee of the New India Assurance Company Limited.

The insurance company had rejected the application on the grounds that it was personal information of the employee, a third party, and could not be disclosed.

"It cannot be said to be a personal or a private matter of that employee,"Tiwari said directing the insurance company to disclose the information within two weeks of the receipt of the order.

Source: 514549 : National : Leaves not a personal matter of an employee: CIC
    • santroingo
      By santroingo
      i am a central government officer
      no.2 in the office
      My Boss is harassing me by many ways
      like not sanctioning of leave, incorrect pay fixation on revision of pay due to latest sixth CPC , using office machinery for personal use, like that

My superiors at other station also helps him, may be because of some fear or do not wish to interfere in any other activities which are not framed.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy