shillpa

Name change procedure in Haryana

Question

shillpa

I have a domicile of Haryana (Sonepat) and I want to change the spelling of my name legally and get it reflected in all my legal documents like pan card, passport, driving license etc.. I have talked to many lawyers and searched many sites but have still not got a concrete answer.. Also what is this "gazette"? There is no Gazette office in Sonepat... and how ro register my changed name in gazette?

Please help.

Thanks,

ABC

3 answers to this question

dkchhetri

I guess you have the original AFFIDAVIT with you. If you want your new name be reflected in all your legal document you have to file new application along with the copy of AFFIDAVIT to the concerned authorities asking for new documents with changed name.Else you have to attach copy of affidavit with your old document whenever required for your new projects.

drasparihar

this forum is only for RTI related Issue

karira

This portal is only meant for discussing issues related to the RTI Act.

You can try Big Helpers

Thread Closed

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• pkmishra
      By pkmishra
      My wife was known as "KM. GARIMA / Garima Pandey / Garima" before my-marriage & some of her educational-certificates reflect km. garima, some garima pandey & some reflect GARIMA. BUT; from now onwards, i want her name in all the future educational certificates as GARIMA PANDEY MISHRA (i.e., her post-marriage name) is it possible ?
      [I have updated her-name in her aadhaar-card also.]
      Iam asking this question because, recently i visited a government college for her admission in a POST GRADUATE DEGREE course & the college officials were insisting that i should fill her name as per her 10th-marksheet and continue the same. 
      First of all, am i insisting on something wrong ? 
      if not; then should i file an RTI seeking information that - "why can't i use my spouse after-marriage name, to be mentioned in all the future educational documents/certificates" 
      OR; should i file an RTI seeking information that - "what i need to do to use my spouse after-marriage name, to be mentioned in all the future educational documents/certificates" 
      KINDLY GUIDE/SUGGEST ME some more alternatives, regarding this issue. 
      THANK-YOU.
    • jngautam
      By jngautam
      My current name is Jagar Nath Gautam. I want to change my name. I am 22 years old, a student of Delhi University final year. apart from it, i m working with LIC of india as an insurance agent. I do hold a pan card.
      How can i change my name?
      Can I change my name in all the above?
      What about name in my further education i.e. in PG etc. will they accept my new name or i will have to continue with the old one???

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy