- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
I had submitted a RTI application to BMC regarding procedure for giving permission to mobile towers. The same was disposed of by the first officer giving the reason that the information sought by me does not fall in the category of "information" as described under the act. I am giving a sample of questions which i had asked. Please give your opinion whether the BMC reply is correct?
1) Whether the MCGM permits for installation of Signal Towers by Mobile companies, as per the direction issued by WHO. If the answer if ‘yes’ then provide the certified copy of such directions.
2) Please provide the information whether NOC is required from Residents Welfare Association or other Residents Groups of the building or the concerned area? If the answer if ‘no’, then on what basis such a decision has been taken?
3) What are the certificates needed to be submitted along with such application specifically regarding the safety of the building structure? Are such certificates attached with the application, if so please provide copies of the same.
4) Whether there is any procedure by the MCGM that such certificates submitted by the Mobile Companies are verified by the MCGM officials. If so what is the procedure adopted?
I would like to rephrase the questions and resbmit the application or go in appeal, please guide me how can i go about the same, or i would like to have some contact details of RTI activists in Mumbai so that i can contact them and do the needful. I am ready to pay the charges for the advice if any.
Thanks and Regards
How can I stop the Society from Installation of Mobile Towers on the Terrace of the Building.
There are 2 Cancer patients in the building and the doctors have given a letter stating that the RF radiations generated from these antennas can cause reoccurence of the Cancer.
Out of 59 Flats 25 flats are opposing the installation,about 10 flats are vacant and about 5 flats are on leave and licence basis where the owners are not present.
There are some members who have a vested interest and want to make money out of this suitation since they are finiancially not well off and want to make money from this deal.
Please advise how do you stop them from doing so