News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
mukeshagrawal

RTI for IT Refund- Response not received.

Question

mukeshagrawal

Hi,

I had submitted an RTI application for my IT Refund to the Bangalore Ward 14(3) IT office. I have addressed my application to the following:

Central Public Information Officer (Central Public Information Officer) Under RTI Act 2005

ACIT, ITO Ward 14(3) (Accessing Officer)

No 59, HMT Bhavan,

Bellary Road,

BANGALORE - 560032

I had sent it through speed post on 9th Apr. It was delivered on 11th Apr. I am yet to receive a response on the same. Can you please advise how long I should wait before filing the First appeal? Thank you.

1 answer to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Mukesh

Wait for 35 days from the date of receipt (in the office) of your application & in case of no reply, file FIRST APPEAL. ITAX is department under CENTRAL Govt.

Fee: no fees for First Appeal with central public authorities.

Format:No prescribed format for First Appeal with central public authorities. .

For help/guidence please see:

How to write First appeal: How to write First Appeal under RTI? - RTI Guide

First Appeal Central Govt. Guidelines: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/18-first-appeal-central-govt-guidelines.html

A ready made format for First Appeal for deemed denial (NO REPLY) of information is attached to this post: (Please make suitable changes)

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/27882-regarding-final-settlement-central-govt-employee-post99423.html#post99423

Also read the threads available here: http://www.google.co.in/custom?hl=en&safe=active&client=pub-3082882621726443&cof=FORID%3A13%3BAH%3Aleft%3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.rtiindia.org%3BCX%3Artiindia%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.rtiindia.org%2Fforum%2Fimages%2Fstyles%2FAesthetica%2Fstyle%2Frtiindia.png%3BLH%3A50%3BLC%3A%23215670%3BVLC%3A%23663399%3BGALT%3A%23215670%3BDIV%3A%23336699%3B&adkw=AELymgXs5qleUbX0mQ42SmovejdLpvaILA2te4LjrcoMcrEqeE2qb4u0qv4GPA7pzXUF8l5wOU6k3asDHDcdUFdf2q4SNox3IzDHNCxzp5N7T3Qr983Gbwk&channel=5204466339&boostcse=0&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=14+%283%29+banglore&btnG=Search&cx=partner-pub-3082882621726443%3Ayuxhl6-donk

regards

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Shanaya Mehta
      By Shanaya Mehta
      Can anyone give me the web site for checking my balance in my PF account online.I am registered with EPFO Mumbai.
    • sidmis
      By sidmis
      New airport not open to public scrutiny: official
      As Reported By : Swathi Shivanand in The Hindu

‘Provisions of RTI Act not applicable’
      ------------------------------------------------------------------
      State promoters have 26 per cent stake in BIAL
      ‘It does not amount to substantially financing BIAL’
      ------------------------------------------------------------------

BANGALORE: Soon thousands of people will start using the Bangalore International Airport at Devanahalli. Vast expanses of farmland have been acquired by the State Government to develop the greenfield airport. The State promoters have 26 per cent stake in Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL), the company developing the airport.

Yet, the ordinary citizen cannot ask for information about the airport from its promoters apparently because the BIAL is “a company in the private sector,” is not a “public authority” and “provisions of the Right to Information Act 2005 and Karnataka Transparency in Public Procurements 1999” are not applicable.

This is the reply that Benson Isaac, an individual who asked for information under the RTI was told by A.R. Rajaram, head, legal, and company secretary of the BIAL. Under the RTI Act, any public authority has to suo motu declare basic information about itself.

In a letter to the BIAL, Mr. Isaac argued that a public authority, as defined by the RTI Act, is any body or institution that is controlled or substantially financed, directly or indirectly by funds provided by the appropriate government. The 26 per cent stake by State promoters in the BIAL, Mr. Isaac contends, is enough to consider the BIAL a public authority and all rules and regulations of the RTI act are applicable to it.
      Airport site

“The Karnataka State Industrial Investment and Development Corporation has provided the airport site to BIAL free from all encumbrances under the Land Lease Agreement. Also a State support agreement of Rs. 350 crore would be made available by the Government of Karnataka to BIAL for the purpose of this project,” Mr. Isaac said, quoting from the BIAL website.

Mr. Isaac also pointed out that in a similar case against the Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), filed by Lt. Col (Retd) Anil Hebble, the Central Information Commission had ruled that the DIAL with 26 per cent stake of the State promoters, was a public authority. The same holds good for the BIAL too, he said.

Acknowledging his letter, the BIAL, in its reply on April 20, 2007, maintained that it was not a public authority and “the question of furnishing any declaration/information suo motu or otherwise does not arise and we sincerely request you to treat the matter as closed.”

Mr. Isaac has approached the State Information Commission. The BIAL, in its statement of objections before the commission, has disputed Mr. Isaac’s claim. It said that the 26 per cent stake of State promoters does not amount to “substantially financing BIAL;” that the relationship between the parties is that of “a creditor and debtor;” the land has been leased out to BIAL and the company does not own these lands and that the BIAL is required to pay concession fee and is also liable to pay taxes.

On the question of similarities with the case against DIAL, the Bangalore airport promoters say that “the facts to be looked into and appreciated, is totally different from the case of Lt. Col (Retd) Anil Hebble.”

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : New airport not open to public scrutiny: official

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy