- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
When I approached BSNL to get incoming call records for one of my prepaid BSNL mobile number on which I am getting frequent abusive calls, the GM's office of our district conveyed that they no more provide that information to customers and the only way that they can disclose this info is when police approach them. I gave a written letter requesting them to convey the same by return postal mail, which they are yet to send. There is an FIR filed by the police based on my complaint, and I want to get this information so that even if the police collude with the abuser, I can prove to the criminal court of what really transpired. This being the situation, can I get this information via RTI?
PANJIM, AUG 10 - Upset that that BSNL Internet consumers complaints are not attended to promptly, consumer activists have decided to take the matter seriously with the A K Desarkar, General Manager BSNL Goa Telecom District and Sujeet Kumar, Deputy General Manager BSNL (North), Mapusa.
At the BSNL Open House Sessions held recently in Panjim and Mapusa the plight of BSNL Internet consumers was higlighted.
The issues raised were the yet again change of email IDs from Sancharnet.in to Bsnl.in with no individual intimation via email of the same, the flooding of mailboxes with spam and shortage of Internet cards.
While BSNL has recently has put in place a tie-up with all Bharat Gas Distributors of LPG cylinders to sell BSNL Sancharnet Internet Cards, it is interesting that these cards are not available in its very own Customer Service Centres (CSCâ€™s), a customer complained.
While in the Mapusa Customer Service Centre only 25 hours Internet Renewal Cards were available and 50 hours and 100 hours were out of stock.
Earlier the same situation prevailed with regards to VCC cards not being available in the Customer Service Centres (CSCs) but were available with the franchise of BSNL.
Consumer activists have decided to take up the issue at the forthcoming BSNL Telephone Adalat to be held in Mumbai and seek the support of GOACAN for this purpose.
Consumer activists are also planning to use the Right To Information (RTI) to track down the movement of these cards and to find out the stock of cards available with franchises and the stock available with the Customer Service Centres (CSCâ€™s).
So as to investigate whether there is any plan to divert customers to franchises so that they stand to benefit on commissions at the cost of the inconvenience caused to the loyal BSNL customers, a press note issued by GOACAN said here.
Activists to act tough on BSNL Internet complaints | oHERALDo