AlwynCabral

RTI application by post

Question

AlwynCabral

Hi,

I am sending an RTI application to the Deputy Registrar by Register AD.Have got all the info required from this website. So have affixed the Rs 10 court stamp as per the Maharashtra state requirement for RTI.

My question is, since I have asked for the reply by post, do I have to put in amount of Rs 20-30 for the A4 pages used to write my reply as well as for the postal reply charges. And if yes, how do I do that, as in put the money in the same envelope, a cheque, etc??

Alwyn

2 answers to this question

ambrish.p

Dear Naveen

Applicant doesnt need to pay info/copy charges in advance. Applicant needs to pay additional charges only after getting the info (about additional charges) from PIO in writing.

regards

• Like 1

AlwynCabral

Thanks Ambrish, I have already sent my RTI application after reading your reply. Hoping for some responsible action now.

Naveen Cabral.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• momita
      By momita
      BIJNOR: As many as 20 senior state officials were slapped with a fine of 25,000 each by state information commissioner (SIC) Hafiz Usman after they were found delaying replies to RTIqueries by applicants in different state departments. 
      The erring officials including public information officer of UP State Ganga River Conservation Agency, Lucknow, district magistrates of Saharanpur and Sambhal, chief medical officer of Saharanpur, BSA of Sambhal, district panchayat raj officer of Amroha, district programme officer of Sambhal, district supply officer of Saharanpur, deputy registrar of Vilaspur in Rampur, BSA of Amroha, chief medical officer of BD Baajoriya Hospital of Saharanpur, CMO of Rampur, DIOS of Sambhal, executive engineer at PVVNL, Khatauli of Muzaffarnagar and Najibabad of Bijnor district, Block development officer of Deengarpur in Moradabad, BDO Nahtaur and Afjalgarh of Bijnor district, BDO Gangoh in Saharanpur and village secretary of Jaleelpur area in Bijnor district, have been slapped with the fine.

According to sources, the fine has come as a surprise to the officials concerned.
      By Guest
      The RTI containing questions as why, how and what and the refusal of the PIO in that.

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy