Jump to content
  • 0
jyotsana singh

regarding Symbiosis university pune


jyotsana singh

I enrolled in PGDBA in year 2002. I appeared in all exam(of two different specialization Finance as main and HR as second) and scored passing marks, however I did not score pass marks in one of the subject. Due to which I was not able to complete my course and attain a diploma from the university. University did not give me opportunity to appear for the exam and refuse to provide diploma. I need help. Can I file a RTI in this case

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

RTI will only meant for getting "information".

What is the information you want to seek ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

(1). No pass No diploma, Do you want to appear for exam now and get diploma?


(2). Then file an RTI application to get the Rules and regulation of the course from the university.


(3). From the regulation know whether the scheme is wound up as already 9 years passed.


(4). If the course scheme is wound up seek the equivalent subjects prescribed under RTI for the course scheme in force in the year 2002.


(5). Remember many private universities do not respond to RTI, even they do not make any mandatory disclousre u/s 4, though the universities were established under UGC act.


(6). Probably you may have to file RTI application with UGC, New Delhi for the information you would needed from the Symbiosis university pune.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      If we discontinue any course before completion in a private college should we pay the full course fee as demanded by the management? (Is it legally correct for the college to ask full course fee?)
    • ganpat1956
      By ganpat1956
      New Delhi, Apr.19 : The Central Information Commission (CIC) has asked the University Grants Commission (UGC), the apex body to regulate higher education in the country, to reply to an RTI application, noting that the matter has been pending for more than 10 months.
      Expressing amazement over the delay in replying to the application, Information Commissioner O.P.Kejriwal said:"How long can this subject take. It is more than 10 months that the subject has been under consideration."
      The Commission's observation came during the hearing of an RTI appeal made by Nagpur resident Atul Jain.
      Jain, through his application in May, last year, has sought from the HRD Ministry certified copies of file noting pertaining to his UGC-NET examination, 2004, and wanted his certificate.
      "The Commission makes a strong recommendation to the UGC to have the matter finalized as soon as possible and also to send a letter to the full satisfaction of the appellant," Kejariwal said in a recent order.
      Earlier, an Under Secretary, representing HRD Ministry produced a letter before the Commission from the UGC, stating that they have sent a letter to the information seeker in June 2006.
      The official also said that the UGC is considering the matter and would seek a legal opinion on it.
      The appellant had filed a complaint with the Commission in October, last year after the public information officer of the Ministry had returned his RTI application in May last year advising him to approach the UGC directly.
      In his appeal, Jain contended that although the matter was related to the UGC, the file was still with the HRD Ministry.
      UGC told to reply to 10-month-old RTI application


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy