Jump to content
News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Refund of fees from University



Pl help.

I have paid fees for MBA in a Coimbtore based university which had started new MBA course for CAs providing them exemption in certain subjects. Exam was goin to be held twice in a year. I had paid Rs 30000/- fees for May 2010 exams. Due to certain reasons i could not attend exam & same was communicated to the university & hence exam fees were not paid be me (this is apart from course fees of Rs 30000 above). There was no exam conducted thereafter in 2010.

Now i wish to refrain from this exam & hence want to claim back my fees (after deduction of course material & administration charges) and same was conveyed to them. However I was then informed that there is no refund policy made by university. I checked up all my documents and there too there was no mention of refund procedure.

My query is that if there is no express denial of refund in any of document can it claim that it is at university discretion? Pl note that this is not mentioned anywhere, nor on docs neither on its website. I have not given any exams so is it justified on their part to deny refund?


Whether RTI application should be of any help? In case you require further details pl let me know.


Awaiting your guidance. Vishal Shah

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi cavishalshah


Welcome to RTI India Community.


Please file RTI Application with PIO of the Institute / University and seek - certified copy of the rules / instructios / notifications / ordanance under which refund of ................... (course fee and/or exam fee) are not permitted in ..................... (name of course).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

For filing RTI application with the university please visit:







Make effective:



You can lodge complaint to University Grant Commission for non-refund. If this is not responded by UGC in a month, please push RTI application by visiting:



Long pending ? :



Central Govt application:


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy