News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Ali Imran Naqvi

How to file RTI application with Non-judicial stamp paper as payment mode

Question

Ali Imran Naqvi

Hi All,

I wish to file an RTI application with the MP government. Their mode of payment seems to be confined to cash and non-judicial stamp paper. My queries are as follows:

1. How is this instrument encashed? Do I need to purchase the paper in the name of the public authority or in my name?

2. Do I write the application on the stamp paper or on a plain paper?

3. Do I need to write something on the stamp paper, affix stamps, or simply send it in a raw form as obtained on its purchase?

Please help.

12 answers to this question

Ali Imran Naqvi

Still awaiting a reply from the learned members of the forum! :(

jps50

You should purchase non-judicial stamp paper from stamp vendor of MP or Head Post Office in MP through your friend or relative residing in MP. It should be purchased in your name by your relative/friend. You have to start writing on it and then for remaining material attach plain paper.

Please visit:

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Ali Imran Naqvi

Dear Ambrish,

Thanks for the prompt response.

However, the link you gave in the above post is the reference to this post only and not any other webpage. I assume that you were directing me to some other webpage, containing additional information. Could you please check.

Thanks again.

ambrish.p

Dear Imran

Please check again, i have posted the correct link now.

regards

Ali Imran Naqvi

I reproduce what you stated in the link mentioned by you above:

"I called up on the no/s of HON IC Shri Dinesh Chandra Jugran (MPSIC) for this information. The person who picked the phone told court fee stamp and Non judicial stamp are not the same & also told Non judicial stamp are same all over INDIA and one can get from anywhere"

One of the members advised me in the thread to buy the stamp from MP only, through a friend or a relative.

Which version should I follow?

Please help.

jps50

Each non-judicial stamp paper bears name of the State. However, if MPSIC is accepting non-judicial paper of any state, so far so good. Then you can get it franked at authorised bank branches or buy from stamp vendor in Gujarat.

Court fee stamps are different and are used in courts.

jps50

I have enquired from advocate friend and according to him, since revenue of non-judicial stamps goes to concerned state, stamp paper purchased in Gujarat cannot be used in M P.

jetley

Can anyone please give me the link to the rules that allows payment of application fees by non-judicial stamp paper?