News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
karira

Cabinet approval - Additional modes of payment for RTI

karira

As reported in thestatesman.net on 28 September 2008:

The Statesman

Cabinet approval

KOLKATA, Sept 26 : The state Cabinet yesterday approved the amendment to the West Bengal Right To Information Rules 2006. allowing other forms of payment like non-judicial stamp paper, demand draft and postal order to be used in addition to “court fees” amounting to Rs 10 which a person wishing to get information under these rules has to furnish with his application. Mr Sandip Srimani, government counsel informed this to the Division Bench of Mr S S Nijjar, Chief Justice and Mr Justice Sanjib Banerjee of Calcutta High Court today. The Division Bench suggested that the proposal of paying cash of this amount for the application be also considered. The amendment follows a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) by Human Rights Law Network seeking that non-judicial stamp paper, demand draft and postal order be taken with such application as fees beside “court fees” which are only available in the court premises .

jps50

Other states like M.P., Jharkhand, Uttaranchal should also amend rules to this effect.

• Similar Content

• Sarthak Nayar
      By Sarthak Nayar
      Respected members, 
      I had filed an RTI asking for details of MPLAD funds.  I received the reply from the PIO that copies run for over 150 pages and have requested me to pay Rs 300.  What is the mode of payment of the fees?  Can i deposit by postal order only or is there any other way.  Kindly help.
      Thanking You
    • linardni
      By linardni
      I want to seek a certain piece of information from the West Bengal Power Development Corporation Ltd (WBPDCL) and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). In whose favour will the postal orders would be?

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy