Anup S Nair

new rules for education loan

Question

Anup S Nair

Hello,

My name is Anup S nair

I have a question which is related to y education loan, i have a education loan from SBI, i herd government has introduced a new rule according to which interest on educational loans has been waved and only the principle amount has to be paid, is that true?

And can i pay my loan from any bank branches even if it out of Delhi? i asked several bank managers but every second person is giving me a different answer hence i joined this forum, please help me and guide me.

4 answers to this question

parsar

You can file an RTI application with MHRD, Govt. of india or with SBI bank and seek the a copy of the rules in force for education loans.

RAVEENA_O

Please go through the following link: http://www.dte.org.in/fe2011/StaticPages/Default.aspx

There is a 'rolling menu' which shows the following caption - and please click it, you will get the copy of the circular in question:

Central Scheme to provide Interest Subsidy (CSIS) for the period of moratorium on Educational Loans taken by students from Economically Weaker Sections Notification | Details of the scheme | Circulars

lindadale

I am also confused with the same question.Actually i am planning to visit axis bank from which i took my education loan and ask all the details to them about this.

jps50

You may visit following link:

INDIAN BANKS' ASSOCIATION

You can pay instalment at any branch of SBI mentioning your loan account and name of branch. Bank may charge small commission. You can also pay instalments by NIFT from any branch of any bank in India.