mukeshmittal

how to get answer sheets from punjabi universtiy patiala, punjab

Question

mukeshmittal

good evening all,

I am new to this forum as well as new to this act and in the persuance of my legal studies of LLB I got to know about this act.

I want to know how i can get my answer sheets as i suspect there is something wrong in checking my answer sheets of family law and economics. i secured only 49 aad 48 marks in both the subjects resp. but i was expecting around 65 so that was a big hurt to me . Plz provide information how to tackle the situation . And university says that they ll re-evaluate the answersheets themselves and are asking for a fees of 1700 each so what shall do .Moreover if i got the answersheets with the limitation period of RTI Act by whom i can get my answersheets checked and if thers an increase in marks how will the university increase it.

plz help me to get awarded by correct marks

IF anyone knows the correct approach kindly help , or give me acal or msz on my cell phone i:e XXXXXXXXXXXX - Deleted mobile number - posting against forum rules, will cal u bck

7 answers to this question

dr.s.malhotra
if i got the answersheets with the limitation period of RTI Act by whom i can get my answersheets checked and if thers an increase in marks how will the university increase it.

dear Mukesh ji ,

plz understand that RTI is a mechanism for getting INFORMATION and in your case you will be able to get copies of YOUR EVALUATED answer-sheets [ BEFORE THOSE ARE DESTROYED BY UNIVERSITY ] . There is no provision under RTI Act which will force the University to re-check your answer-sheets . You can clear your doubts about your performance in the exams and see whether there is any sort of discrepancy and then can decide on future course of action .

The RTI Application can be posted from anywhere , any part of the world . Regd Post AD and Speed post are better options as you can get proof of posting as well as of delivery .

The RTI Application has to be addressed to relevant PIO , Punjabi University , Patiala [ see list of PIOs here : http://punjabiuniversity.ac.in/pbiuniweb/rti.html. ]

RTI Fee of Rs.10 in form of IPO valued Rs.10 payable to Registrar , Punjabi University is to be enclosed with RTI Appl .

• Like 1

jps50

Please visit:

EXAM PAPERS:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/481-how-access-exam-answer-sheets.html

Exam papers judgements:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/1541-evaluated-answer-sheets-under-right-information.html

However, re-evaluation will have to be done by University as per norms fixed by it.

• Like 1

mukeshmittal

How to make payments for the photocopy of answer sheets and i dont remember how many sheets i filled so what shall i do ??

mukeshmittal

SHALL THE BELOW GIVEN APPLICATION IS APPROPRIATE

THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005

APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION

Date: __15 September 13, 2011_ By speed post

To,

DEAN ACADEMIC AFFAIRS

PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER [PIO]

PUNJABI UNIVERSITY PATIALA.

Address: APPLICATION UNDER RTI 2005; FOR A CERTIFIED COPY OF EVALUATED ANSWER SHEET

1. Name of the Applicant:MUKESH MITTAL

2. Full Address: GREEN ENCLAVE COLONY, OPPOSITE PUNJABI UNIVERSITY NEIGHBOURHOODS CAMPUS JAITO MANDI , DISTT. FARIDKOT

Pin Code __151202____

Mobile No: 9872915849

Email ID: mukeshmittal0856@yahoo.co.in

Particulars of information required:

My son MUKESH MITTAL appeared for examination of B.A;LLB , (part II , semester IV roll number 1730) exam of your board in the month of April. Photocopy of mark sheet is attached for ready reference.

Please permit me and my above son to inspect his answer sheets as well as other relevant records and also provide me certified photocopies of his/her answer sheet/s pertaining to following subjects:

A] ECONOMICS –II

B] FAMILY LAW - II

4. Details of payment of filing fees: what shall I right here

5. Please rush the information to me by speed/registered post.

I am an Indian citizen. Please reply in English.

6. Please also provide me file notings and action taken report on this application along with your reply.

Note: I am emphatically drawing your kind attention to:

A] 49 page judgement of 2 judge bench of Hon’ble High Court of Calcutta in M.A.T. No. 275 of 2008 in University of Calcutta & ors. Vs. Pritam Rooj which is available at http://www.judis.nic.in/Kolkata/Judge_Result_Disp.asp.

B] judgement dated 30-08-2010 of Hon’ble Kerala High Court in WP©.No. 6532 of 2006©

C] Madras High Court judgement dated 13-09-2010 in R. Ramasamy v/s Dr. Ambedkar Law University in W.P.(MD)NO.4815 of 2008.

D] Judgement dated 09-08-2011 of 2 Judge bench of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in CIVIL APPEAL NO.6454 OF 2011

Signature of Applicant

mukesh mittal

Authority:

I authorize and permit PIO, to supply information sought by my father and me and also allow me and my father to inspect relevant answer sheet/s and connected record as requested per this application. I waive notices under section 11 of RTI Act 2005. I am an Indian citizen.

Signature of examinee _______mukesh mittal

mukeshmittal

Sir along with above queries kindly provide following required information.

1. I didn’t exactly remember how many sheets were filled so how much amount is to be paid and when is to be paid ?

2. As soon as I gets the certified copy from whom I can get it rechecked or reevaluated. and in case there’s an increase in marks what are the further steps available

3. As per University norms I have not applied for neither of revaluation nor rechecking so cant the university refuse to give the copies on this ground.

4. As per University norms the limitation period for filing for reevaluation and rechecking is 21 days and the procedure of RTI is a bit long , so if there’s an increase in marks by external checker will the university increase the marks.

Note: I have not applied for revaluation and rechecking to university because they may decrease the marks too.

Thanks in advance for replies

dr.s.malhotra
How to make payments for the photocopy of answer sheets

When you submit RTI Appl with fee , the PIO will send a demand notice for the payment of additional fee for documents you demanded . Only then you will remit additional fee .

About your queries in post #7 / 8 , I want to add that you are in such a hurry that you miss what the members are writing for you . Just go thru previous posts in this thread . I have mentioned that RTI is a mechanism for getting INFORMATION [ answer-sheets in your case ] . It will not help you or provide opportunity for re-evaluation or re-checking which will be done as per University norms only . Even courts will not give directions for re-checking ---that is what has been held by Apex Court in recent judgment allowing disclosure of answer-sheets .

• Like 1

mukeshmittal

sorry for being in hurry , after carefully reading i found that it can be concluded that getting answersheets by the way of RTI will be of no use as if any discrepency is found it cant be challanged is it ??. any is the application written above is correct in post no.5 , , one thing more envolpe should be addressed to rti cell , punjabi university patiala or dean academic affairs pun uni patiala .