News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
dr.s.malhotra

Compiled List - Successful Consumer Complaints in RTI Cases

jps50

Great Efforts for compilation. Now members can quote may decisions.

Following links will be useful:

Additional Remedy

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/719-additional-remedy-information-seekers.html

Consumer Notice

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/1217-notice-under-consumer-protection-act-right-information-act.html

Consumer complaint draft and guide

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/2114-consumer-complaint-rti.html

• Like 6

skmishra1970

Dear Malhotra Sahab Ji,

First many many congratulation to win a fight against your right. Secondly to nice post of the various judgements of DCDRF and NCDRC. Really it will be very usefull for the forum member. I feel shortage of words to give you thanks for this usefull post. Thank U so much.

SANJAY KUMAR MISHRA

1224, SEC.19, PANCHKULA.

skmishra1970

Dear Mr. Malhotra,

Thank you for the usefull post of order dated 13-9-2011 of DCDRF Mohali. This will help me to plead my case effectively before DCDRF Chandigarh-I and as well as other member of this forum too. Thanks again.

Guest pcbali

Thanks Dr. Malhotra and appreciations for your efforts.

Guest pcbali

These are 9 files in total, are their more orders too? If their are, will you please provide the links for those to male a complete and up to date directory?

skmishra1970

Congratulations Malhotra Sahab for your winning journey and greatfull efforts. Thanks again

jps50

I am attaching decision dated 30-11-2011 of Consumer Forum, Bangalore II additional ordering supply of information and compensation also.

DCDRF BANLOR II.doc

• Like 6

bhandaridilip

Thanks for providing such valuable information.

I was not aware that an RTI applicant can be treated as a consumer under the CPA

dr.s.malhotra

With reference to post #10 :

it is a day of great satisfaction . An official from O/o Ld. Deputy Commissioner Ludhiana today visited me at Mohali and delivered the requested information [ albeit with a minor glitch] and a Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- .

I am closer to my target .

jps50

Salem [Tamilnadu] Dist Consumer Forum has ordered on 29-12-2011 supply of information and payment of compensation of Rs.5000/- to RTI applicant for non-supply of information. It is posted at

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/DCDRF%20SALEM%20291211-INFO%20AND%20COMPEN.htm

• Like 1

karira

Deleted. Posted by mistake.

skmishra1970
With reference to post #10 :

it is a day of great satisfaction . An official from O/o Ld. Deputy Commissioner Ludhiana today visited me at Mohali and delivered the requested information [ albeit with a minor glitch] and a Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- .

I am closer to my target .

Dr. Malhotra, Congrats. for your winning journey.

bhandaridilip

Congratulations ! for your successful winning. With this win you have opened a new door for the RTI Act from which on can go to The Consumer Forum.

dr.s.malhotra

It is too early to form a final opinion .

dr.s.malhotra

the news on this Order was reported on forum by Sh. Ganpat and link to the file was provided to this Order / file by Dr. Prasanna ......thanks to them , both .

DCDRF DRIPURAMBANGALORE 30-11-2011.pdf

• Like 2

jps50

Pune Dist Consumer Forum Main has ordered payment of compensation of Rs.15000 and expenses of Rs.1000 on 29-11-2011 in CC No. 564/2010 to Shri Haribhau Kakade. Order is in Marathi. In this case, SIC had ordered supply of information on 14-05-2010. Compensation was for mental agony due to deficiency of service by PIO.

• Like 6

karira
Pune Dist Consumer Forum Main has ordered payment of compensation of Rs.15000 and expenses of Rs.1000 on 29-11-2011 in CC No. 564/2010 to Shri Haribhau Kakade. Order is in Marathi. In this case, SIC had ordered supply of information on 14-05-2010. Compensation was for mental agony due to deficiency of service by PIO.

Even if it is in Marathi, please upload a copy here so that all such orders are in one thread.

At least members will be able to refer to the numebrs/names, etc.

skmishra1970

Thank U JP Sir for your usefull post.

bhandaridilip

Hon’ble District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forums as under have ordered supply of information and compensation to applicants of RTI Act 2005:

a. Decision dated 30.11.2011 of II Addl Bangalore in CC/1714/2011

b. Decision dated 19/05/2011 of Faridkot in CC/102/2011.

c. Decision dated 09/11/2011 of Ludhiana in CC/ 662/2011.

d. Decision dated 25/03/2011 of Tuticorin in CC/59/2010.

e. Decision dated 29/04/2011of Vizianagaram in CC/ 116/2010

f, Decision dated 08/09/2011 of Mohali in CC/249/2011

g. Decision dated 28.05.2009 of IInd Addl. Bangalore in CC/162/2009.

h.Decision dated 20/04/2010 of Mandi, H.P in CC/14/2009.

i. Decision dated 21/05/2009 of Mumbai South in SMF/MUM/301/2009.

j. Decision dated 24/05/2011 of Nizamabad in CC/41/2010

k. Decision dated 29/11/2011 of Pune in F/564/2010

l. Decision dated 07/01/2011 of Guntur in CC/204/2010

m. Decision dated 08/09/2011 of Mohali in CC/249/2011

n Decision dated 29/12/2011 of Salem in C.C. NO.54/2011

o. Decision dated 03/02/2011 of Tuticorin in CC/57/2010

p. Decision dated 24/08/2011 of Medak in CC/10/2011

q. Decision dated 02/12/2010 of Nagpur Addl in CC No. 140/ 2010

[order in Marathi]

r Decision dated 27/12/2010 of Vizianagaram in CC/ 118/2010

s. Decision dated 21/01/2011of Vizianagaram in CC/ 124/2010

t. Decision dated 11/05/2011of Naupada in CC/ 08/2011

v, Decision dated 07/04/2011of Coimbatore in CC/ 399/2010

–com Rs.5000 + cost Rs.1000 [order is in Tamil ]

All orders can be accessed at Computerization and Computer Networking of Consumer Forums in Country( Confonet)

• Like 3