- NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
- shows RTI
- RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
- 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
- The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
- Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
- Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
As per news items appearing in last week of June 2009, National Consumer Commission [NCDRC] has ruled that Consumer Protection Act is applicable to RTI applications also, if the applicant fails to get information sought. This was decided in S P Thirumala Rao, a consultant physician of Mysore vs. the Municipal Commissioner, Mysore City Municipal Corporation.
Can some one put actual decision on this portal for the benefit of members?
My case in a Distt Consumer Redressal Forum New Delhi against a Phone and Internet service was dismissed despite the fact that it falls under Deficiency of Service. (My phone /Internet services withdrawn without any prior notice and even after paying the bill amount)
I had provided the court with enough documentary evidence in support of my claim.
The reason given in the Judgment for dismissal is irrelevant and baseless. I met the President and tried to explain him the case but he was not willing to listen anything and rudely told me to leave. (Jago garahak jao) .
It seems that Mr. President was defending the service provider and did not even look to my documents.
Can I file RTI to know the reason why my case was dismissed even after providing all documents? Why this is not a case of Deficiency in service?
Can you guide me where to file RTI?
How to file appeal with State Consumer Commission?