News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
jaku1725

Ration card! Is it is a magic card?

Question

jaku1725

I am from Kangeyam, erode district, tamilnadu. i applied for new ration card at TSO office kangeyam on 10.07.2008 with all necessary attachments (incl my & wife's prior family card name removal. daughter's birth certificate, rental house house tax receipt & current bill receipt). that time tso approved my application and gave me a ack card & told card will b ready after 2 months if verification is ok.no one came for verification. i went after 75 days to see the status. they missed my application & in my ack no. some others name was found. i was shocked. then with huddles one peon searched & found that appln fom the waste bin. in that appln it was written as " proof for residence and name removal were not found" ( but i found all attachments as such !). in the mean time the tso was transferred. i am worrying a lot. more over that office not people friendly, very poor response. this problem not for me. for 1000s of people off that area. i planned to meet the new tso. but if he also like the existing..... i dont know how to get the magic card..

also here getting a gas connection is a magic. not possible without ration card in this locality even though with govt. new rules!

plz guide me

3 answers to this question

ambrish.p

Welcome Mr. M.JAYAKUMAR

Write a RTI application to the PIO C/o Rationing Officer with the following Details:-

I had applied for a new Ration Card and a copy of the appropriate document is enclosed herewith. No satisfactory action has been taken on my application so far. Please provide the following information with respect to the same:

1. Daily progress made on my application till date.

2. Names and designations of the officials with whom my application was lying during this period. Please intimate the periods when it was lying with which officer and what action was taken by that official during that period on what dates.

3. Please give a the proof of receipt and dispatch of my application in the offices of each of these officials.

4. According to your rules or citizens’ charter or any other order, in how many days should such a matter be dealt with and resolved. Please provide a copy of these rules.

5. The above officials have not adhered to the time limit mentioned in these rules and are guilty of violating these rules and hence guilty of misconduct under their conduct rules. Please give a copy of their conduct rule, which they have violated by violating the above-mentioned rule.

6. These officials have caused serious mental injury to me by making me run around all this while.

7. What action has been taken against these officials for violating all the above rules and for causing mental agony to the public? Please provide the details.

8. To whom can such a complaint be made by an aggrieved citizen? Kindly provide details of the authority such as address and any prescribed format that might exist for making the complaint.

9. The reason for the delay in processing of my application, and the date by which I may collect my Ration Card from your office.

To know T.N. RTI rules please see: Right to Information Act and Rules, Tamil Nadu

How to write an RTI application:http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/how-to-use-your-right-to-information-4/how-to-write-an-rti-application-1/

Please include these queries in your application.

Revert back if still have any doubt, members will help you.

regards

jaku1725

dear sir,

i am very happy to see your valuable reply. i ll proceed with confidence now. thank u

Write a RTI application to the PIO C/o Rationing Officer with the following Details:-

I had applied for a new Ration Card and a copy of the appropriate document is enclosed herewith. No satisfactory action has been taken on my application so far. Please provide the following information with respect to the same:

1. Daily progress made on my application till date.

2. Names and designations of the officials with whom my application was lying during this period. Please intimate the periods when it was lying with which officer and what action was taken by that official during that period on what dates.

3. Please give a the proof of receipt and dispatch of my application in the offices of each of these officials.

4. According to your rules or citizens’ charter or any other order, in how many days should such a matter be dealt with and resolved. Please provide a copy of these rules.

5. The above officials have not adhered to the time limit mentioned in these rules and are guilty of violating these rules and hence guilty of misconduct under their conduct rules. Please give a copy of their conduct rule, which they have violated by violating the above-mentioned rule.

6. These officials have caused serious mental injury to me by making me run around all this while.

7. What action has been taken against these officials for violating all the above rules and for causing mental agony to the public? Please provide the details.

8. To whom can such a complaint be made by an aggrieved citizen? Kindly provide details of the authority such as address and any prescribed format that might exist for making the complaint.

9. The reason for the delay in processing of my application, and the date by which I may collect my Ration Card from your office.

To know T.N. RTI rules please see: Right to Information Act and Rules, Tamil Nadu

How to write an RTI application:http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/how-to-use-your-right-to-information-4/how-to-write-an-rti-application-1/

Please include these queries in your application.

Revert back if still have any doubt, members will help you.

regards