Jump to content
  • 0
smt indira pandey

parental property


smt indira pandey

my forefather had a property nearby jabalpur city(M.P.)my mother paid tax before last 10 years,after my mother's death i could not search or found that property bcoz i have no related papers.last week i heard from someone that one unauthorised man tried to sale this property by fales affidavit . what action i take pl. suggest ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Madam, this involves a number of issues, all of which are beyond the scope of this forum.


From your query, it is not clear if the said ancestral property was duly transfered in your mother's name; if your mother was in possession and enjoyment of the property till her death; who are the legal heirs of your mother ....etc. I would rather suggest that you approach a civil lawyer and sort out the matter legally.

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0


As Mr Ganpat suggested you should seek professional help appears right. However, I will try to summerise the problem and try to suggest a solution based on the same.


1. The property belongs to your ancestors

2. The revenue taxes were paid by your moths some time ago (10 years)

3. For some time (10 years) property taxes are not paid

4. You are unable to locate the property tax receipts or the original land records / documents

5. You came to know some one try to sale the land based on wrong affidavit



The issue is you have no starting point to initiate a legal suit as you have got no documents to file in the court. (I had made this assumption and correlated with your desire to seek help in this forum)



You can make a beginning for obtaining the papers / information under Right to Information Act but for that you need to be aware of the land location. Patta No. OR Khata No

Once you have the same you can file a RTI application to the local land authority asking to provide following


a) The owners of the land at the Khata No / Patta No in last 20 years

b) The list of person in whose name the receipts of land revenue / property taxes were issues in last 20 years

c) The details of mutation (resolution of disupte and transfer of land) in last 20 years



After obtaining the information you can file for a suit in court of law claiming for the remedy. The remedy is generally in the form of stay. But insure that you have the possession of land before you get the stay as the land disputes are plenty in our country.


I hope this will help you in some way.


Best wishes

  • Like 3

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      How RTI Act came to his rescue Karthik Subramanian

      A resident has resolved his property tax row "I was made to run from pillar to post despite a court ruling in my favour. Ultimately it was RTI that helped me."  
      CHENNAI : A residents' welfare activist from Pattabiram has used the Right to Information Act (RTI) to settle a 15-year-long dispute with the Avadi Municipality over property tax assessment.
      Augustine Roy Rozario, a resident of Cholan Nagar in Pattabiram, said he had disputed the municipality's assessment of his annual rental value and subsequently the half-yearly property tax in 1989.
      "The officials had fixed the tax twice as much as that for other similar houses nearby. I had submitted a revision petition within 30 days of the assessment and subsequently filed petitions at the Tax Appeal Committee meetings. They never revised my tax and ultimately issued a notice in 1992 saying that my property would be attached if I did not pay dues, as calculated by them."
      Mr.Rozario moved the Poonamallee court in 1992, which ultimately gave an order in his favour in 2004. The court ordered that the assessment done by Avadi Municipality was arbitrary. The municipal officers, however, decided to challenge the order as it was granted ex-parte. With no legal action in the last two years, Mr.Rozario decided to seek information under the RTI about the reasons for the delay in re-assessment of his property to settle the issue.
      "Not an easy task"

      Even though it was the questions he filed under the RTI that finally helped Mr. Rozario resolve the tax dispute, he said the procedures he went through were not easy.
      "It was not easy to file the application, as I had to obtain the treasury challan from the Chennai Collectorate, get the head of accounts from the general-secretary of the Thandurai-Pattabiram Consumer Protection Council, remit Rs.10 in cash at the State Bank of India, Treasury Branch, in Thousand Lights, and finally send the application by registered post."
      Mr.Rozario was shocked when his application was returned because of a spelling mistake in the name of the Principal Information Officer.
      "I had spelt the name as Varadarajan instead of Varadarajulu. However, the officer was courteous and kind enough to accept the application when he personally explained and handed over the representation."
      Though the Municipal Administration Department had forwarded the RTI application to Avadi Municipality, Mr.Rozario did not get a reply within the stipulated 30 days. He then sent an appeal under Section 19(1) of RTI to the Appellate Authority.
      Finally, the revenue officials of Avadi Municipality visited Mr.Rozario's residence in December and he was able to get the property reassessed.
      The full article can be read here: How RTI Act came to his rescue « Right2Information
    • sunil sri
      By sunil sri
      dear all
      i asked for the name of software relating to language but i was denied on the ground of it covered under ipr.
      please help me


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy