News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
nihar_t

RTI Regarding Hindu Rao Hospital CCU

nihar_t

Please see attached RTI and RTI response from PIO. Hindu Rao CCU has a serios rat problem for at least over a year and yet no comprehensive pest control operations have been carried out. I once had a chance to film a few small videos and have placed them on YouTube:

I have seen these rats and they are big, scarry and flithy and sometimes bite patients and patient attendants. My wife was once bitten by one these rats when she was taking care of her mom. She visited anti-rabies section of the hospital for vaccination and Hospital admistration is not aware of any such incident.

CCU is for critically ill heart patients where several costly equipments are kept with lots of wires and the rats could cause a lot of damage. They won't let you enter the facility with your shoes on but rats rule the nights with possibly several types of bacteria/virus etc.

Please review and suggest what should be my next action.

RTI Application and Response.pdf

karira

That information provided seems to be enough for the time being.

Now you need to decide how to use the information you have received:

Do you want to complain to the Department/Ministry that is in charge of that hospital ?

Do you want to highlight the problem in the media ?

You can contact some local TV channels in Delhi or some National TV channels and highlight this issue so that authorities take notice and act upon the complaint.

nihar_t

I am thinking of sending a letter to health ministry along with copy of RTI. How can bring this up with media?

nihar_t

I sent a complaint to Dr. R. B. Mittal (HOD CCU) regarding RAT problem in CCU. PIO had denied any complaint on record hence I thought I should first make a complaint then see if they take any actions to end to this rat menace. I will send another RTI after 30 days from the date they received the complaint. Or is there a better way? I didn't find a way to bring this to notice of media. However I noticed that there was a news regarding rats and they quoted my post on rtiindia.org. See attached.

Complaint.pdf

News.pdf

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• karira
      By karira
      RTI reply blasts private hospitals
      Prashant Hamine
      Friday, June 15, 2007 09:44 IST
      Contrary to providing free beds and concessional rates, the 525 victims in the 7/11 serial bomb blasts last year have been charged medical expenses at commercial rates by private hospitals.

This has come to light in a reply given by Western Railway to a Right to Information (RTI) application filed by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) former MP Dr Kirit Somaiya. However, speaking to DNA on Wednesday, official spokespersons for Jaslok and Hinduja hospitals denied the charge.

The Railways made a payment of Rs3,16,42,234 crore for the victims who were treated at 21 major private hospitals across the city. The state and central governments had announced that they would foot the expenses of victims undergoing treatment at private hospitals.

The hospitals were directed to forward medical bills of blast victims. According to the information given by the Western Railways, private hospitals were charging Rs500 to Rs800 for patients in their General Wards.

The bed charges ranged from Rs600 to Rs750 per day, visiting charges of Interns and Resident Medical Officers ranged from Rs200 to Rs600 as well as other charges.

Executive Director of Jaslok Hospital, Colonel (retired) BS Khemani denied the charge. He said that comatose patient Amit Singh was initially admitted to JJ Hospital and then shifted to Jaslok hospital on July 13 and given a free bed. “Singh and other patients were charged at subsidised rates,” he added.

PD Hinduja Hospital sources said comatose patient Parag Sawant was provided with common category bed accommodation and no commercial rates were charged.

DNA - Mumbai - RTI reply blasts private hospitals - Daily News & Analysis
    • karira
      By karira
      Sassoon lab technician sacked

PUNE: The Right to Information Act, 2005 is facing one of its most critical tests in Pune where bureaucrats at the Sassoon hospital have terminated the services of an employee within four weeks of a landmark RTI ruling.

After admitting under the RTI Act that lab technician Vaishali Kalekar was kept on a temporary post for 13 years due to administrative lapses, the Sassoon administration on June 18 swiftly terminated her services.

Ironically, the same administration had informed regional information commissioner Vijay V. Kuvalekar during a hearing on May 8 that a proposal to regularise Kalekar’s service had been forwarded to the government. Also, that her annual increment and pending dues till June 2007 would be paid as per the Fifth Pay Commission recommendations.

Following these assurances, Kuvalekar’s May 22 ruling had not only paved the way for Kalekar’s regularisation of service but had also exposed the bureaucratic harassment suffered by her for the last 13 years.

However, rather than honouring these commitments, the Sassoon hospital administration terminated her services following a development in the Bombay high court on June 18.

As Kalekar’s lawyer, N.V. Vetlekar, was late in making his appearance in a writ petition on her Sassoon case, a high court bench comprising justices J.F. Ribero and R.M. Sawant dismissed her case “by default”.

Pointing out that the case was dismissed on a technical point and not on merit, Kalekar’s appeal for restoration of her case in the Bombay high court is now slated for hearing on Friday.

Although qualified with first class degrees in BSc (zoology) and BSc-applied BM Tech (pathology, radiology and medical instrumentation), the Sassoon administration in its record erroneously maintained for over a decade that Kalekar did not have the minimum qualifications for the post.

Sassoon hospital’s appellate authority under RTI, Dr Arun V. Jamkar (dean, B.J. Medical College), acknowledged that Kalekar’s petition was dismissed “as the opposite side’s lawyer was not there”.

Asked whether Kalekar’s termination order was contradictory to the admission of bureaucratic lapses made by the Sassoon hospital before the RTI information commissioner, Dr Jamkar said, “We admitted to RTI that information was not given in proper time and we have acknowledged that mistake.”

He justified her termination by stating: “She was all the time under some stay in the high court. Since she lost in the court, we have terminated her service. Her entry was not regular and as per Supreme Court decision, if proper recruitment is not followed, she has no right on the post.”

Kalekar’s advocate Vetlekar said that besides seeking restoration of her case in the high court, Kalekar has filed a civil application that “the order of termination be withdrawn and Sassoon hospital be directed to take her back on employment.”

Kalekar joined the Sassoon hospital through the University of Pune employment exchange on May 16, 1994 and has been battling for regularisation of service since then.

Sassoon lab technician sacked-Pune-Cities-The Times of India

Announcements

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy