meticulous

Sbi po results

Question

meticulous

Well Can i file an RTI for date of Results of PO exam held by SBI on 24/7/2011 and 7/08/2011 ..

its been more than 3 months.....And on calling the Recruitment cell ...they don't pick up the phone nor reply to emails......

There are other banks out wid waiting lists...aspirants are confused as to wait for sbi or join in....But there seems no way to get the information.....why such secrecy.....

So may be rti is the way.......

Also, IBPS conducted an exam CWE...as understood IBPS is not under RTI ambit... So is there a way to find result dates from prticipating banks ??

22 answers to this question

karira

RTI application can only be filed to get "information" which is available on record.

Do you think the date of announcement of result will be available on "record" with SBI ?

How can they inform you a date about some future occurrence ?

meticulous

good point...but i think gate has declared date of result ....

but hi.. Can i ask the date within which the recruitment is to completed under the given advt. , this must be on record ... ??? ...rite ? coz there will be next recruitment on schedule for year 2012 ...as for fincancial inclusion targets are to b met....

Is there no way to get this info abt results ?? .... Its very frustrating ...

Sajib Nandi

Provide certified photocopy of all rules/notifications specifying time period for publication of results after holding ------- examination (modify as required)

meticulous

rite ^^^ thanks...

I shall ask rules for the specific advt. , or else they may ask for loads of money...Lets see what happens... But if i get a reply... This stupid thing of delays and information blackout abt results...can be laid to rest once and for all

RAVEENA_O

Why don't you go through the original notification, which may have a schedule of events including the date of declaration of results, verification of records etc. If you don't have a copy, you can file RTI Application giving reference number of Advt and seek a copy.

meticulous

so a full notification and an advt are two different things, you mean to say ??

http://www.freejobalert.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Sbi-associate-banks-po-recruitment-2011.pdf

http://www.statebankofindia.com/webfiles/uploads/files/1305357416999_SBI_PO_17072011_Advt.pdf

^^^ This is notification or advt ???? We got this one available to us by SBI

meticulous

Aftersuggestion from forum, memebers , i read the advt again n searched website for info.. emails of CAPIO, PIO, were found.. Mailed them telling many aspirants want to file rite, pkindly guide to whom it shud be sent :D

sending my rti next week (with inputs from forum members)

Provide me with certified copies of the following:

1. Rules /notifications specifying time period for publication of results after holding examination underADVERTISEMENT NO. CRPD/PO/ 2011-12/01 (recruitment of P.O in S.B.I-2011/12)

• Rules /notifications specifying time period for publication of results after holding examination underADVERTISEMENT NO. CRPD/PO/AB/2011-12/02 (recruitment of P.O IN ASSOCIATE BANKS OF STATE BANK OF INDIA 2011/12)

• Time Period/ last date within which the Recruitment Process underADVERTISEMENT NO. CRPD/PO/AB/2011-12/02 and ADVERTISEMENT NO. CRPD/PO/ 2011-12/01 has to be completed.

• Why the recruitment cell DO NOT ANSWER PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS ?:o

RAVEENA_O

You should not ask questions. Your right is to seek information available in material form and under the custody of the public authority. Even the contracts with specified completion periods are not completed in time. Recruitment process is very cumbersome with indefinite number of applications and related indefinite issues.

• Like 1

meticulous

But is not that what is wrong ?? And ofcurse thats why a fees of Rs550 was paid to take care of expenses required for conductting recruitment....Besides GATE-2012 has declared dates of results before hand... So does other organisations...CDAC MOHALI Declared results of Punjab govt clerks recruitment for 25k-30k candidates in just 3-4 days :p ...hehehe..(its true) .....

AND MOST OF ALL WHY SHUD NOT THEY PICK UP THE PHONE OR REPLY TO AN EMAIL ....THATS DENIAL OF INFORMATION ...ISN'T IT ???

ok ..under advice 4 question is removed....IS THE REST OK ?? ...I have Rs 20 IPO ..10 for fees , and 10 for rest of papers ....Is it enuf ? ^^^^ reply

RAVEENA_O

The definition of information, as it occurs in Section 2(f), lays down scope of the type of information an applicant can seek. The underlying idea is clearly that the Applicant’s entitlement for information is only in respect of the categories of information mentioned in Section 2(f) read with Sec.2(i) and (j). It is not open to an applicant to ask, in the guise of seeking information, queries to public authorities about the nature and quality of their actions. The RTI Act also does not cast on public authority any obligation to answer queries. Applicant’s right extends only to seek information as defined in Section 2 (f) & (j) either by pinpointing the file, document, paper, record or sample etc, or by mentioning the type of information as may be available with the specified public authority.

The PIO's possible reply in all these 3 items would be - "No documents available in material form with this public authority", if they don't have scheduled dates, that's why they did not publish it in notification.

ANY HOW, YOU MAY FILE THE APPLICATION.

jps50

Please refer:

Central Govt application:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

Make effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Recruitment:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/1770-details-recruitment-through-rti-act-2005.html

In case of SBI you can deliver RTI application and fee of Rs.10 to any branch of that bank. All branch heads are ACPIO under RTI.

meticulous

Filed :) ...Under Sec 2(f) , it says info including emails, memos, circulars, advice. etc..

Well the PIO is the Dy. Gen Manager Recruitment cell...

He should be having access to info ..I think they shud answer in positive...Infact written results shud be out before my application time expires....lets see if i get to post in success story section:rolleyes:

I did not give suitable references though at the end...

meticulous

and result is out :) ...Now i can't say it was my rti....but they have declared phase-1 result on 20th nov '2011 ....am waiting for the reply of rti ....

• Like 1

meticulous

UPDATE:

SBI response came today....and it said " in reference to your letter....... there is NO SUCH

"TIME PERIOD" for declaration of results or for the recruitment process .... the result of sbi po have been declared meanwhile......" ( hence forum members are always right ..hehehe )

meticulous

and one query : Another RTI was filed..immediately after declaration of results for details about my marks n cut off decided.........

RESPONSE: recruitment process is ongoing....The desired info will be available/ furnished in due course...

So....That means ??? They are about to declare marks.....but i filed RTI , they were obligated to reply with marks.... right ??

Its a 2-phase process....1st phase results are out...2nd phase process due in Jan'2012...

mysterious

i was going to file an rti to sbi..... with an IPO of rs 10.... but unfortunately im nt getting d IPO frm anywhere here...nt even frm d head post office.... plz can any1 tell me wat shud i do next????...

plz help me as soon as possible ...time is passing by due to such things..

ganpat1956

Please read post # 12 of Shri JPS here. Make an application under RTI Act and deliver it along with a cash payment of Rs. 10/- at your nearest branch of SBI.

mysterious
Please read post # 12 of Shri JPS here. Make an application under RTI Act and deliver it along with a cash payment of Rs. 10/- at your nearest branch of SBI.

deliver it means????..... i thought to speed post it to mumbai head branch...

"Central Public Information Officer (CPIO),

The Deputy General Manager- Promotion,

Central Recruitment & Promotion Department,

State Bank of India,

Tulsiani Chambers, 1st Floor, West Wing,

212, Free Press Journal Marg,

Nariman Point,

Mumbai – 400 021"

im really confused now!!!

mysterious
and one query : Another RTI was filed..immediately after declaration of results for details about my marks n cut off decided.........

RESPONSE: recruitment process is ongoing....The desired info will be available/ furnished in due course...

So....That means ??? They are about to declare marks.....but i filed RTI , they were obligated to reply with marks.... right ??

Its a 2-phase process....1st phase results are out...2nd phase process due in Jan'2012...

hey can i get aa copy of ur application nd to whom did u sent d rti app????

ganpat1956
hey can i get aa copy of ur application nd to whom did u sent d rti app????

I advised you to read the post of JPS. It appears you merely saw it. A SBI-PO aspirant should do more than that. Shri JPS has given links to three blogs. The last of these blogs also contain a model application form.

mysterious
I advised you to read the post of JPS. It appears you merely saw it. A SBI-PO aspirant should do more than that. Shri JPS has given links to three blogs. The last of these blogs also contain a model application form.

i hav written my app... was askin for a copy to sure i havent missed anything