News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
jagdishsarda

Can i ask for RTI Against SBI

Question

jagdishsarda

i am a stockbroker, my company has a SBI Power Jyoti Account at SBI Mumbai. This Account allows the company to deposit any local cheque to any SBI branch all over India. & SBI credits the money to my Company's account.

I went to deposited the cheques but before that I went to the staff & asked her which slip/ challan to use for Power Jyoti account (as I was using this service for fist time), she replied blue. Accordingly I filled the details of the 4 (four) cheques & submitted for local clearing from my client accounts on 14-11-11, those all were cleared by CBI, Loni on 15-11-11. On 16-11-11 I went to SBI as the amount was not credited to my company’s account, there was another madam (Accountant) sitting besides the previous one. She immediately started saying that the challan I used was the wrong one so they could not post the entry & thus she asked me to get the Power jyoti account deposit challan/slip which was not with the bank so I had to get it from other stock broker of same company. I printed it & submitted once again (the cheques were already cleared). She (being an SBI employee) started shouting on me that I should have learned complete knowledge of the service provided by SBI. She asked me to wait outside for a while & then asked to leave as it would take little time.

Following their saying I went but it was not done, I had to go to bank next day again (17-11-11) this time it was manager along with the previous madam. When requested to intervene he said there some difficulties regarding posting as they all were new to this service. I thus gave one SBI branch number & asked the person over there to guide them. After the call ended there was no clarity on what was the exact problem. Meantime my clients were daily harassing & asking me the reason for such a delay. Thus I personally requested to the manager to kindly revert the payment so that I can get the NEFT done from my clients account. So he assured me that he will keep the DD ready by next morning before 11.00 am (No more delay will be done that’s my guarantee) believing him I left. The next morning (18-11-11) I went & found the Accountant madam again in front of me. She said that option discussed earlier with the manager is not possible & they will credit the amount to company’s account by today, so I met the manager & he too told me that the Account Madam has spoke to someone (higher authority) & now they will be able to post the entry. I requested them to do it immediately as it was already too late, but the madam refused to do it & started saying that she has nothing to do with my request as I am nobody to the bank & she will be doing for my company (as it’s a valued customer for SBI). She asked me to leave & revisit at around 4.30-5.00 pm. Again as per instruction I went the previous madam told that the amount has been transferred to Mumbai Branch & there role is finish. Next day was Saturday I assumed that even if the Mumbai branch credits the amount due to market closing day on Saturday & Sunday may be my clients operate on said amount by Monday morning.

But again on Monday morning story was no different & my clients were not credited the amount on there trading account. So I first tried & communicated the company assuming the bank has completed the work. But found that the amount was not credited to company itself. I again went to SBI Madam Accountant was least interested to speak to me, I eventually understood that so met the manager again, this time he called to head office & tried to know the reason for such delay. He assured me again that he will personally look into the matter & talk to the concerned person over phone as soon as he gets his name & number. I went again in the noon around 4.00pm & met directly to manager. He said ‘I have talked with the person & is sure that this will be done today before bank closing. This all happened on Monday dated 21-11-11. Again same result on Tuesday morning I called the company & asked them to intervene, thus they asked me to get the transaction/reference ID from the bank. So I went to bank & found that both Manager & Previous lady were not in office, when asked about their wherein. Reply was out of station. So I had no alternate other than to meet the accountant. I once requested her & told I have no interest in disturbing her. I asked her to give the ID if the Transaction was really done. She denied by saying no such ID is not generated under ‘IBT’ & thus cannot be given. so I requested to check the status of the transaction, she again refused to do it immediately & said the concern madam were on leave so come tomorrow, now it was really irritating for me but even then I politely tried to explain my problem & implication of such delay but by now She started giving me the lessons how to speak? & what to speak (just like a primary teacher). After sometime she called her subordinate & ask to call the concerned madam. Also signaled me to go out & wait. After sometime I heard from her ‘ask him to come later’ & tried to show as if they all were very busy only was the one without any work. After 20 mins. of delay the person came out & asked me to come by 4.00pm as there was less staff. I requested to him also to provide the transaction id but he denied to give it as it was internal & couldnot be disclosed with outsiders. I found my requests to be useless in front of him. I called the manager on his mobile & updated him about happenings in the bank in his absence. He heard everything & assured me again that he is already in the head office & will talk to about the matter to concerned person on top priority. He also told me that he will call me around 5.00pm. but neither deed he call nor was my problem solved. In mean time I wrote mail to SBI head office. They reply mail in form of cc asking bank manager to see in the matter. 23-11-11 morning I received that mail. Whole day was passed & at 5.12pm there came one more assurance that it will be done by today itself.

Kindly help me in lodging complain to SBI at proper Stage, Banking Ombudsman, Local branch, RTI for delay, Ill Treatment, compensation, accountability of the Accountant towards her duties & so on….

3 answers to this question

dr.s.malhotra

You may write to Banking Ombudsman first and if problem is not solved then use RTI .

smbhappy

Narrate your story to the Bank Head Office and ask for the action against the delinquents. Mention every body by name (and not as Madam Accountant etc.) Find out their names from the bank. Give 15 days time to take action. Send a copy to the banking Ombudsman as well as to the Branch manager. After 15 days File RTI Application and ask for the day-to-day action taken and latest status of your complaint. You may also serve a 80 CPC Notice to the bank for inaction on your complaint.