nikhil.error

How to frame questions if I have to ask for my paper photocopy for UGC net attempt of DEC 2010

Question

nikhil.error

HI,

I had given this DEC 2010 attempt of net and pretty sure of clearing it. If not clearing then I expected my marks to be around 80 at least. Shocked to the core I have been given just 33 marks which is just out of my understanding. Please help me frame my questions.

Regards.

Nikhil kumar

11 answers to this question

karira

What is the "information" you want to seek ?

Under RTI, you can only seek "information". Please read sec 2(f), 2(i) and 2(j) of the RI Act 2005: Right to Information Act 2005

At most, under RTI, you can seek a copy of your evaluated answer sheet.

nikhil.error

I want the copy of my answer sheet only... I want to see how I got such less marks... That can be done right?... So I just wanted to know how to frame the question because I have many applications are rejected on the basis of wrong questions....Also Can You simply list the steps of filing it for me?

Like 1st i got write an application. Then I have to get a draft made or can it be done through online payment also? Where do I have to deposit the application.? Is there anyway of filing online as I go to office.

I would really appreciate if you can guide me through this. thanks :)

karira

Please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/raveena_o/2031-how-seek-evaluated-answer-sheet.html

You can file a RTI application with the PIO of the authority that conducted the examination. Details of PIO will be available on the website of the organisation/department, under the "RTI" link. Or simply call that office and ask "Who is the PIO in your office under the RTI Act 2005. I want to file a RTI application." ?

Your RTI Application has to be as per the RTI Rules and Fees for the Centre.

These are available in the Guide section of the Portal: RTI Guide

Please read the other articles in the Guide section as well as the links given in the FAQ here: RTI FAQ

These will be of help to you during the RTI process.

Please also read:

Time limits specified in the RTI Act - Guide

How to submit a RTI Application - Guide

nikhil.error

Thanks for replying... I hope I am able to file it successfully . If not then ill ask you further :)...

Really appreciate your quick and complete response.

nikhil.error

I have this last question regarding time limit... Till what time can I ask for the details and ask for the photocopy of my mark sheet... I read somewhere that from the day of declaration of marks you have 60 or 30 days to ask for your Mark sheet photocopy.. I have my application almost ready so can I ask for my mark sheet now?..I got to know about the marks around 8th dec.

Dr V S Prasanna Rajan

The answer sheets will be preserved only till the time stipulated in the departmental instructions given for the preservation of records, which is framed based on the Public Records act and rules. Hence, If u want to file RTI, then you should not delay any further, and it is always better to file the RTI as soon as the results are declared. If the date of your RTI application is beyond the time stipulated in the departmental instructions for the preservation of records, they will not be held accountable for providing answer sheets under RTI.

vsprajan.

nikhil.error

The reason why many arent able to file the RTI is its complex procedure. I mean I cant imagine a common man being able to file an RTI application. And the govt authorities are simply getting away. I know UGC did wrong and I cant see myself filing and RTI simply because its way to complex. And there is no information anywhere. I cant find the PIO number for UGC net. I cant figure out the time limit. Do you think people will go through this much to file an RTI. Shouldnt this get simpler?. .. Isnt there anyone who can rather help me/anyone to file an RTI because this much help is not sufficient.!

karira
The reason why many arent able to file the RTI is its complex procedure. I mean I cant imagine a common man being able to file an RTI application. And the govt authorities are simply getting away. I know UGC did wrong and I cant see myself filing and RTI simply because its way to complex. And there is no information anywhere. I cant find the PIO number for UGC net. I cant figure out the time limit. Do you think people will go through this much to file an RTI. Shouldnt this get simpler?. .. Isnt there anyone who can rather help me/anyone to file an RTI because this much help is not sufficient.!

It is not as complex as yopu think.

Today, you have to struggle and cant get everything spoon fed.

If you read my post #4 above and see all the links given therein.....it will be a lot easier.

It seems that you dont even want to start making an effort.

Last year (as per estimates) over 35 Lakh RTI application were filed in India. That many citizens could not have found the system easy !

Where did you look on the UGC website ?

The RTI link is at the bottom right hand corner of the UGC homepage:

http://www.ugc.ac.in/notices/ritinfo05.html

nikhil.error

Sorry I should have looked harder... But I still feel this can get simpler. Instead of 35lakh applications they can double or triple any day.. If the process is even more simpler.. You guys are doing well but then there is more education to be parted on RTI. I mean a proper tutorial. A video or something to simplify things further. Probably an online RTI filing. Anyway I know its easy to blabber and write stuff and its difficult to implement. But probably this should be done. Thanks for your help

bhgwtsngh

Can I see copy of my answersheet of UGC NET EXAM held on 26th JUNE 2011 under RTI.