News Ticker
  • NPAs under PM Modi's Mudra scheme jumped 126% in FY19
  • shows RTI
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
Virendra Kumar Sharma

A SUCCESS STORY - took a long time - 33 months - in spite of repeated attempts to frustrate

Virendra Kumar Sharma

RTI Act – India, A Success Story,

A 33 month saga

• 23.04.2009 - Request to SE HUDA, ‘Who is responsible for maintaining this road?’ No reply

• 07.07.2009 - Appeal heard by Administrator HUDA, Directed SE to provide information within a week, No action

• 03.10.2009 - Appeal to the State Information Commissioner

• 05.11.2009 - Notice issued by SIC fixing date of hearing on 31.12.2009

• 17.11.2009 - SE HUDA sends 1st reply saying , “…matter looked fresh, …. Road falls under the jurisdiction of MCF & not HUDA

• 31.12.2009 - 1st Appeal heard by State Information Commissioner, at Chandigarh. Directed Administrator HUDA to hold a meeting of all parties concerned with Dy Commissioner present and convey decision to me by 10.02.2010

• 10.02.2010 - Administrator HUDA sent minutes of meeting held on 09.02.2010 informing me that the responsibility is that of MCF.

• 01.06.2010 - Letter to SE MCF asking, when repair will be taken up, No reply

• 08.09.2010 - Appeal heard by Commissioner MCF, informed it is not MCF job

• 18.10.2010 - Appeal to the SIC

• 17.12.2010 - 2nd Appeal heard by State Information Commissioner, at Chandigarh,

• 31.01.2011 - Request under RTI Act to SE HUDA

• 01.03.2011 & 03.06.2011- Replies received, tentative provision of 15 lacs being made

• 09.08.2011 - Appeal before Administrator HUDA – Waited 2.5 hrs, no hearing

• 06.09.2011 - Appeal heard by the changed Administrator HUDA, “ Do not worry, now you do not have to make more rounds of these offices.”

• 15.11.2011 - Reminder SE HUDA

• 01.12.2011 - Final decision received.

• 25.01.2012 - Pleasure to see work in progress.

LEGEND : HUDA - Haryana Urban Development Authority

MCF - Municipal Corporation, Faridabad

SIC - State Information Commissioner

SE - Superintending Engineer

V K Sharma / 29.01.2012

• Like 6

karira

Moved to Success Stories section

A long and hard battle - but perseverance pays !

CONGRATULATIONS !

Hope the quality of road laying is good and it withstands the rigours of the next monsoon.

Ketan Modi

Dear Sharmaji.

Great work Sir. Take a bow. It has inspired me to keep the battle going till the war is won. Happy information seeking.

Ketan Modi

ganpat1956

Sharmaji, kudos to you. You have proved that "Persevarance with a Will to Win is the Key to Success".

frommiot

Congrats on your success !!!