ramdaus

How do I file an RTI against ESI Hospital, Bangalore?

Question

ramdaus

Hello

I wish to apply for RTI against ESI Hospital, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore. I sent a letter to the Dean requesting for a birth certificate last week but I haven't got any response for the same.

Please guide me as to how I should go ahead with the same.

Best regards,

Ramesh

15 answers to this question

ramdaus

Hello Friends,

Kindly bear with my ignorance about this SunShine law and help me in this regard. I would like to file an RTI application to the ESI Hospital in Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore regarding a birth certificate. I need the following information please:

1. Is the very first step, writing the RTI application by hand or typed format? Whom should I address it to? Is there a standard format that one should follow?

2. Whom should it be sent to? I do not know if there is anyone who is responsible for collecting it. What is the postal address to which this letter should be sent?

3. If I gone past step 2, how will the receiving person know that it is actually a RTI application? Is there a standard form available with it?

4. I had sent a formal, plain request to the Dean but haven't got a reply so far. Should I mention this in the application? If so, will I need to attach a proof of that letter which I sent earlier, along with the RTI application?

5. Finally, how do I track if this application is being processed or not?

I know its a lot of dumb questions. Bear with me and clarify. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Regards,

Ramesh

ambrish.p

Mr. Ramesh

1. format & CPIO details:esic.nic.in/rti_act2.pdf

6. (1) A person, who desires to obtain any information under this Act, shall make

a request in writing or through electronic means in English or Hindi or in the official

language of the area in which the application is being made, accompanying such fee as

may be prescribed, to—

2.CPIO:

DR. A.V. RAJU

Medical Superintendent,

ESI Model Hospital,

Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore

KARNATAKA

Ph. No. 080-23325130

Details of CPIO: LIST OF CENTRAL PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICERS IN ESI CORPORATION

3. It will be addressed to CPIO (dont use names)

4. If you want to know the status of that request, you can ask (for reference can enclose copy)

5. send via speed post/registered post with AD

For help please go thru the link/s given below:

1.RTI Application For Central Govt Info (by JPS 50 Sir):

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/19-rti-application-central-govt-info.html

2.Any thing pending with Govt.(by JPS 50 Sir):

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

Please dont post various threads on same topic:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/8691-how-do-i-file-right-information-against-esi-hospital-bangalore.html

Possibly this info will be of good help to you

Revert back in case you did not find the solution, members will definitely help you out

regards

Dr. M. Faiyazuddin

Write your sample application and send it to me as private message. I will correct it, if required.

ramdaus

Hello Dr. Faiyazuddin,

I am Ramesh and I had raised a query on filing an RTI against ESI Hospital, Bangalore. Thank you for guiding me to post a drafted application as a 'private message'. But since I am new to this site, I am struggling to find how can I send a 'private message'. Your help in this would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I am not even sure if I am writing to you directly or posting a reply in a common thread. If so, my apologies for the ignorance.

Best regards,

Ramesh

ganpat1956
Write your sample application and send it to me as private message. I will correct it, if required.

As a matter of policy, at this site we believe in guiding the members by way of our replies in the forum board only. This has a two fold benefit---the collective wisdom of the community is made available to the seeker & it helps even a casual visitor to enhance his knowledge base. If our active members have chosen the route of PM for helping on RTI matters, then we would not have built up this site with more than a lakh of web pages of knowledge base. Kindly avoid such replies in future.

But since I am new to this site, I am struggling to find how can I send a 'private message'. Your help in this would be greatly appreciated

PM facility is not available for new members. You can post your query in the appropriate section of the forum.

ganpat1956
Hello

I wish to apply for RTI against ESI Hospital, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore. I sent a letter to the Dean requesting for a birth certificate last week but I haven't got any response for the same.

Please guide me as to how I should go ahead with the same.

Best regards,

Ramesh

If your purpose is obtention of a valid birth certificate, you have to approach the local municipal authorities and make an application in the prescribed form along with payment of the required application money. Don't waste time in writing to the hospital authorities and trying to follow up with an RTI on them, as they are not empowered to issue such certificates.

Dr. M. Faiyazuddin

By asking to send into my PM, I only meant to correct it and then post it on the forum for all. I understand the spirit of the Portal. Hope I have clarified my point of view. Thanks.

ramdaus

Thank you all, for your kind responses and clarifications.

I request your valuable time in checking the sample application given below, and correct/modify the same if required. Many thanks once again.

> These marks indicate where I do not know what to put and need your help.

Draft Application:

To

The CPIO

>

Bangalore

KARNATAKA

1. Name of the Applicant:

2. Full Address [with phone No.]:

3. Particulars of information required:

To obtain the Birth Certificate of who was born in 1969 in ESI Hospital, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore.

>

4. Details of payment of filing fees:

>

ramdaus

A quick update on the above.

I did approach the Utility Building (next to Mayo Hall) and gave an application (not RTI). The staff checked the records and said that they do not have the records for 1969 and I need to check this with ESI hospital itself. Then I went to ESI where no progress was made and a bribe was asked for.

Should I still approach the municipal office, say, the Utility Building and file an RTI?

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

Ramesh

ramdaus

Thank you Dr. & Others.

Kindly let me know the address of this Municipal Building to which the RTI information should be submitted.

Best regards.

Dr. M. Faiyazuddin

If you dont have the address of the Municipal Building, kindly send it to the DM of the area and request him to forward your application to the concerned PIO.

sandeepbaheti

Address of the CPIO has been mentioned in post # 4 of this thread.

ramdaus

Thanks everyone. I spoke to the BMP office whose number is 080 - 2248 3130. They said that I can approach the Utility Building where a RTI section is available. I can get the application form filled up there and get a receipt of the payment I made (Rs. 10/-) as well.

Please let me know if this procedure listed above will work or if there is any hickups in there ;-).