Jump to content
News Ticker
  • RTI query reveals banking frauds of ₹ 2.05 Trillion reported in the last 11 years
  • 509 per cent rise in cases under child labour law: Study
  • The Central Information Commission has allowed disclosure of file notings on the mercy petition of a rape and murder convict, rejecting the government's contention that the records cannot be disclosed as these are privileged documents under Article 74(2) of the Constitution.
  • Electoral bonds worth over ₹5,800 crore were bought by donors to fund political parties between March 1, 2018 and May 10, 2019, a Right to Information reply has said.
  • Don't pay 500/- for answer sheet now- Supreme Court says if Answer sheet is asked under RTI, RTI Fees will be governed
  • 0

Income Tax Refund for AY1998-99 & AY 99-2000





I have to get IT refund for AY 98-99 & 99-00. Did not follow up with IT office at that time thinking that they would give the refund. And after some time decided to consider it as "lost", since I did not have the time to go around the IT office. I came to know recently from your site that using RTI , we can get refund. MY question - Can I apply for IT refund for those years. Since I have not followed up at that time, will the ITO cite that as a reason for rejecting it? Is it a per-requisite that we should have send some requests/follow-up before to apply for refund under RTI?


Thanks ,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

It is not per-requisite, but pre-requsite. Sorry for the typo.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks karira. I just read in one of the old posts in the forum about receiving refund for AY96-97. So as you had suggested I will try. Should I send separate application for each Assessment Year or can I send a single application for both. Can I submit this application in the designated post office.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Read that blog in the link given in post # 3 above..

All your questions will be answered.

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • nitin907
      By nitin907
      I filed my tax return in bangalore A.Y. 2005-06 and 2006-07.
      I am in delhi now and still have not recieved the refunds.
      I have got the address by looking at some sites is it correct ?
      Income Tax Officer
      Now how should I make an application under RTI and there is a draft to be made of Rs 10/- in what name the draft should be made ?
      Is there any form to be filled and sent to bangalore address.
      Thanks in anticipation
    • vinay4java
      By vinay4java
      Ealier I had worked(2006-2007) in a company located in Pune and having head office in Ahmdabad (Guj).They have filed our IT returns in Ahmdabad and there is around Rs. 10000 refund is due on IT.
      Currently I am working in mumbai(2007 -till date). I have filed my IT Refund from Mumbai(in Aug 2007) as the consultant told me that now one can file IT refund from any location.I hv filed for IT refund with attached Form-16,but till date I have not got the same.
      Now I am confused where should I send the RTI and to whom I should Address?
      Can I file the same from mumbai.Can we resister a legal Case against IT department for this Delay?
      Kindly help on this Regard.
      thanks and Regards


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy