Jump to content

RTI VIdeos

Visit our New RTI Videos. Click here!

News Ticker



Dear sir


My father bought 50 nos. of SBI equity shares @ Rs.100 on 25.02.94, in the following names :

1. S.R.Ghosh

2. Pratima Ghosh

3. Subhashis Ghosh


Now, at December,2009, we applied for transfer this to S.R. Ghosh's demat a/c. But, the form was

filled up by the share broker named Amit Vyas and signed by my father S.R.Ghosh. So we were not aware in which name he transferred the shares. Till date we have not got those shares in our account.

We need the detail updated information about the folio no. SB 1258537 to launch FIR and legal action against that share broker named Amit Vyas.



Subhashis Ghosh

(son of S.R.Ghosh)

ph : (Posting of mail ids/mob no. is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Welcome to RTI India Portal


file rti application to SBI


Demand certified copy your share transfer request application application

certified copy of action taken detail for the same application

certified copy of buyer detail


with the same file the complain with SEBI for your matter. and after 30 days file RTI Application for action taken report for your complain.


please read Guide

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Please refer:



Central Govt. application:



Make effective:



You can address RTI application to any branch head/ACPIO of SBI and can pay Rs.10 in cash as filing fee. He will mail to appropriate dept under advice to you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thank you RTI team for fast reply.


1. Can you please tell me where to submit the filled up form ?

2. After getting those information, in which SEBI office shall we submit the complaint ?

3. Also, can we proceed to lodge FIR ?


Is there any RTI office in kolkata where we can submit this form ?


One more important question : "certified copy of buyer detail " - do you mean S.R.Ghosh as the 'buyer' ? Or else who ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Dear Member


a. It seems you have not gone through the links provided in post # 2 & 3.


b. You can submit your application in any branch of SBI, please refer: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/1200-acpio-cpio-banks.html


c. You can check the address here: Securities and Exchange Board of India - Home Page


d. Yes you can file the same.

certified copy of buyer detail

e. CORRECTION: Certified copy of transaction slip.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • Chandrasekharreddy
      By Chandrasekharreddy
      Sir I Chandrasekhar Reddy working in syndicate bank in Nellore region in Andhra Pradesh since 2016.my home town is guntur dist.my wife is working as senior assistant in agriculture department(H.O) under secretariat in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh only.she is not affect any transfers.please suggest me how I will proceed against law in such situations.
    • ashakantasharma
      By ashakantasharma
      Seeking information under the Right to Information (RTI) Act can be costly at times. Especially when you are asked to cough up as much as Rs 56,000 for some information, you would probably think again before using the Act.
      Advocate Vinod Sampat, too, was shocked when he was asked by the Andheri Land Records office to pay an amount of Rs 56, 268 to get information on the structures located on collector’s land across the city.
      Sampat had made an application on September 21 to inquire about it. He needed the accurate information to be part of the reference books he is writing on property matters. “I wanted information on such properties because buying properties situated on collector’s land costs an extra amount,” said Sampat.
      “However, I was shocked to see the amount asked by the Andheri office,” he said. And the amount was asked only for information on the properties situated under the jurisdiction of Andheri office.
      A shocked Sampat wrote to the Chief Information Commissioner Suresh Joshi, on Wednesday, asking him to ascertain the amount demanded from him. He also wrote to the Land Records Officer, Andheri, MT Ingle seeking a clarification on how the amount was arrived.
      As per RTI rules, Rs 2 per page is demanded to provide information. “That means they were giving me 28,000 pages as information,” said an amused Sampat.
      He said that if his queries were not answered, he would file an appeal with the appellate authority.
      When contacted, Ingle said he had charged Sampat according to the rates specified by the state government and the revenue department.
      Joshi said that in such cases, it is better for the applicants to ask for the inspection of the files so that they can pin-point the actual documents needed. They can also come in appeal to the commission, he said.
      “The information officers can charge rates only as prescribed by the state government and in this case, it is found that the concerned officer is trying to willfully mislead the people, strict action will be taken,” he added.
      However, Sampat said that the inspection point should have been mentioned in the letter, “instead of just frightening the applicant by demanding such an astronomical amount.”
      “Do you believe that the Land Records office must have counted all the 28,000 pages?”


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy